Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henri W

Who made that freeware Dash 8 panel

Who made that freeware Dash 8 panel that is supposedly so real, on par with the PSS Dash 8?Is it available here, if so who was the designer or does he/she have a website?Also any opinions on it are welcomed, are it spot on or just close enough for government work?Also what Dash 8 model do you recommend for it as well?JP

Thank you much, I was going to take a look at this one before I shell out the cash for the PSS one.JP

Guest Henri W

JP,Apart from the FMC, which is still under development, Oleksiy's plane seems to be more realistic when it comes to systems than the PSS version. Of course the PSS package is wonderful as well, graphics are second to none, but I prefer realistic systems. I have a good 19" monitor and when running 1152x864 I can read the panel inscriptions well enough. Please, take the time to study the included manual and certainly perform the test flight. I am sure you will love this plane, once you know how to handle it. After many weeks of intensively using it, I am still discovering new things. For me this is the best FS2k2 plane by far.Best regards,Henrihttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest WorkingStiff

Henri,Do all those panels in the Frolov Dash-8 work?

Guest mberg

yes--except the fms --which does work in the PSS version

Guest Henri W

Yes,Including the switches on the panels not shown in the pictures above. Too much to mention here. Variable range TCAS, GPWS, you name it. Oleksiy said he would work on the FMS, so we might see that sometime in the first half of this year.Best regards,Henrihttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks very much guys. I'll download it later today.

Hi there.I just saw a review of Mr. Frolov's panel (written by a norwegian Dash 8 pilot), and his conclusion is that Mr. Frolov's panel is quite close to it's reallife counterpart. Actually this Dash 8 driver is quite enthusiastic about it. Off course there is some minor issues that differ from the real Dash 8, but it is minor details.Personally I prefer Frolov's Dash 8. The reason is obvious; it is a dash more realistic than the PSS Dash, and it is free (Frolov's Dash has some awesome sounds as well!)! On the other hand; PSS is a winner on eyecandy, but Frolov's Dash-package ain't that far away when it comes to graphics either. I am not saying here that PSS is a bad package. PSS has tradition for wellproduced FS-addons, but in this Dash 8 "competition" I personally find Frolov's Dash 8 a winner (but who cares about my point of view :-lol ). We are after all talking about 2 excellent products here :-beerchugRegardsOlav M. R

Hi Henri.You'll find "the review" here: I have to warn you though, it is in norwegian and at the moment I have no time to translate I am afraid. Busy days!Here is the "Reviewer's" homepage in both norwegian and english:[link:home.online.no/~knutss/engelsk/meny.htm]The ReviewerSince the owner of this site is an airline captain on Dash 8 you'll find alot of nice pics shot from his office.I'll try to do that later, but no promises. I am sorry! :-grnmdRegards>:-)lav M. R