Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

Saitek Yoke and Throttle Fixed ???

The feel is much more solid than the Ch-and it really is close to a real Baron yoke. The throttle quad is way ahead of either the one on the chpro or the chpro throttle quad.I also have had no problems and consider this a huge improvement over my ch ones.The only thing I missed was a gear/flap switch on the quad (like the ch). I got a goflight trim/gear/flap unit and now have everything!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I installed the yoke and 2nd quadrant about a week ago, and have had zero problems with it. The whiteboard frame mounts easily to the top of the yoke and makes it easy to write down freq's or airport info for the flight. I've also used it with a binder clip to attach flight plans. The yoke is very smooth, and the clock/timer is a great feature. The throttles work very smoothly and IMO look a lot better than the CH throttle quadrant. Overall - great value for the money.

What does Mode 1, 2 and 3 do? How do I use this?ThanksMannyEdited to add: OK..I saw the answer in another thread. That says that I can use this as a Modal key. But not sure how I can set this up in FSUIPC.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Edited to add: OK..I saw the answer in another thread. That>says that I can use this as a Modal key. But not sure how I>can set this up in FSUIPC. Manny,Read the the FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf page 14 it explains how to perform conditional button programming. You'll have to manually edit your FSUIPC.ini file to program advanced options......however you can get as creative as your heart desires.

Guest machammer

Manny,You can also setup the Mode 1, 2. 3 with the SST software that came with the Saitek Yoke. The manual is called SST_Manual_EN located herec:Program FilesSaitekSD6Manuals. If you elected to install it from the CD that came with the yoke.As a side could you test something for me. The yoke came with mode 3 selected. When I switched it to mode 1 the movement of the yoke caused FSX to keep cycling through external aircraft displays. Just switch the mode to 1 and try a short flight and see if the movement of the yoke causes any display problems. I have SN 0051.Thank You.Bill

>As a side could you test something for me. The yoke came with>mode 3 selected. When I switched it to mode 1 the movement of>the yoke caused FSX to keep cycling through external aircraft>displays. Just switch the mode to 1 and try a short flight and>see if the movement of the yoke causes any display problems. I>have SN 0051.>>Thank You.>>BillBill,No issues on my end either. Are you using the SST software?? I am not using Saitek's software and am using FSUIPC exclusively.

Guest machammer

Geofa,My SN 0051 which indicates that the one I have should have the previous problem fixed. I just got mine last week from Computer Pilot who had just received there shipment last week. I do have the SST software installed. In mode 3 the yoke works great. I wonder if the problem is with the software.Bill

>Geofa,>>My SN 0051 which indicates that the one I have should have the>previous problem fixed. I just got mine last week from>Computer Pilot who had just received there shipment last week.>>>I do have the SST software installed. In mode 3 the yoke works>great. I wonder if the problem is with the software.>>BillThe modal switch is nothing more than a three position switch in its most basic sense and will not act as anything else unless using the SST software or advanced programming through FSUIPC. Judging by your serial number, your unit should be of the newer firmware.So just to make sure I understand your problem if your put the switch into mode 1, and you then move the yoke itself you start changing views? If thats correct, is it the x-axis or the y-axis that is causing the problem? Also, do you have any other controllers hooked up to your PC and are you utilizing FSX to setup your controller?

Guest machammer

Sargeski,In mode 1 it's both the X and Y axes. In mode 2 and 3 no problems.The other joysticks are:CH Throttle Quadrant USBCH Flightstick USBCH PRO Peddles USBI have no Control axes setup in the throttle. Flightstick X,Y and Z.ThanksBill

Bill,Sounds like you may have gotten a bum yoke. You may want to try unplugging all of your CH Hardware and see if you get the same results.If you do, I would call Saitek Tech support or visit their forum. It appears you may be in need of an RMA.

Guest machammer

Sargeski,Did you install and are you using the SST software? I installed it but am not using it. I think I recall from the problems reported the first time some were related to the SST program.Thanks.Bill

Try uninstalling the SST software and see if your problem remains or disappears and let us know what you find.

Guest machammer

Sargeski, I Removed the software. Early preliminary test show the problem is related to the software. I will keep you updated after a few more test flights.I would rather have the software be the problem than the HW. BTW what is the location of the Saitek forum?Thank You.Bill