Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Recommendations for 24" monitor

Please give me some recommendations on a 24" monitor.Specs I should be looking for etc.I have CC points I can use at Best Buy and Circuit City but this is not a requirement.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Go with a monitor with as high a resolution capability as your system can support and your money can afford.....go for even 27" or more.I have a 37" and a 27"......bought fairly inexpensive.....could not be any happier.

How do I know what my system can support?I have older 2.4GB with1.5GB ram and Nvidia 6600/256 mb video card.It actually runs FSX fairly well for me.Just keep putting off getting a better system.Thanks for the feedback.Ron

If Best Buy is one of the places your looking check and see if they have any Hanns-G 27.5" Moinotrs in stock. Just picked one up and couldn't be happier. Native resolution is 1920x1200 and the monitor is full 1080P and comes with all the required cables (so you do not have to spend any extra money on cables...big plus).

Yea, I second the notion not to be too concerned with brand name. I bought 4 x 19" I-Inc LCDs just recently and they are better quality output than ACER LCDs I bought previously.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Please give me some recommendations on a 24" monitor.Specs I>should be looking for etc.I have CC points I can use at Best>Buy and Circuit City but this is not a requirement.Thanks,RonWell, I certainly can offer a favorable plug for BenQ displays. I recently purchased this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824014133...and this is the identical monitor without the frame:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824014124(The framed model is much more impressive on a desktop; the photo in the illustration does not do it a great deal of justice).-George

Guest jimcooper1

I can personally recommend the DELL 24" which has 1000:1 Contrast Ratio and a 5ms response time.Monitor selection is very subjective but in general you need to be looking for high contrast ratio coupled with a low response time.RegardsJim

Thanks for ther info.That is a little more than I was hoping to spend.Best Buy has this:Probably get what I pay for,Right?::Westinghouse 24"With an HDMI input, you'll be able to enjoy the high-definition output of your compatible computers or A/V components. Wide viewing angles and powerful brightness combine to bring you lush images whether you're gaming or getting work done.Product FeaturesUltrafast 8 ms response time 1000:1 contrast ratio; 500 cd/m

Forgot to mention cost. 359.00 Ron

>I can personally recommend the DELL 24" which has 1000:1>Contrast Ratio and a 5ms response time.>>Monitor selection is very subjective but in general you need>to be looking for high contrast ratio coupled with a low>response time.>>Regards>>JimIs 8ms a fast enough response time?I too am wondering where Mitch is on this thread. He is probably eating turkey all week or something.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I think Mitch must be asleep....LOL!>>Mike---------------------------Nah Mike, just sitting this one out, LOLOLOLOL~! It gets to the point if you type too much about something, people start the gag reflex, LOL!~ ;)Mitch

Guest jimcooper1

Is 8ms a fast enough response time?It is for FS9/FSXJim

Hi Rhett,I have both a 5ms in my 19 inch and an 8ms response time on my 245B 24 inch Samsung.I have seen absolutely **no difference**in visual performance. None whatsoever. FS9 and movies. You can go with either...Mitch

I saw the 24" 245B Samsung in a Best Buy store recently. I think the Samsung is TN film.They also had some LG 24" widescreen ones too, which were not TN, they were the other type (S-IPV or something like that, can't remember) but they were more expensive.I can definitely tell a difference between the TN film and the other ones.The other ones are slower response time. Invariably, the 2ms, 3ms, 5ms screens are always TN film, it seems.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB