Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Do NVIDIA guys really care about FSX????

There is a new Beta driver, the 169.12, the third or fourth one after Acceleration's release I think, and the only mention about FSX issues is the everlasting "Flight Simulator X

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

that is why I am considering getting the new ATI HD3870 rather than the cinderella 8800GT as it also consumes less power (will not need a new PSU), and produces less heat .allen

no kidding, how bout the bug since FS9, when you open a window in VC mode, you get the entire screen drawn up to the top of the window....annoying...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The answer, is, in other words: "no". Nvidia does not care about FS, plain and simple. That bug has been in there for ages. And since ACES can't get them to budge, I doubt a petition would.

Guest AC777_LR

I've never liked my 8800GTS and I've wanted to switch back to ATI since the summer but ATI hasn't come out with anything that is worthwhile when it comes to performance. The biggest turn off about my card is the shimmering textures in FS2004. You would think NVIDIA would fix a minor problem like shimmering textures but nope, they haven't. I guess this is what happens when one company controls the market. Oh I how I miss the days when you had a choice between a similar peforming ATI card and NVIDIA card.

Guest Lith1um

I would sign it in a heartbeat. I can't wait for them to fix the DX10 z buffer problem which causes the flashing runway textures. It should be a very easy fix imo.I'm glad you posted this, 'cause I was thinking something needs to be done. In fact, I'm suprised ACES isn't able to get us some more concrete answers from nvidia considering that microsoft is a 500lb gorilla.

I think Ryan from PMDG was also trying to get them to do something.NVidia has several forums on their site. You guys might want to start a thread over there.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

>>NVidia has several forums on their site. You guys might want>to start a thread over there.>We tried that one time with the purple water issue and it didn't really do anything.Isn't FS (either version, FS9 or FSX) one of the top-selling entertainment titles? Shouldn't we have more pull than we do?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Isn't FS (either version, FS9 or FSX) one of the top-selling>entertainment titles? Shouldn't we have more pull than we>do?I guess we the little guys have no pull. You would surely think that Microsoft as HUGE as they are would have some pull........

>that is why I am considering getting the new ATI HD3870>rather than the cinderella 8800GT as it also consumes less>power (will not need a new PSU), and produces less heat .>>>allen I agree with the others. For Nvidia, it is not worth their effort to fix something in fsx. The thing that matters is the latest popular FPS (e.g. crysis, bioshock, etc). I don't think the problems we have will be fixed by a driver. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm not holding my breath. It is very disappointing to see ACES point the finger at Nvidia and not even considering any of their own fixes or work-arounds. Having said that, does anyone know if ATI dx10 cards have the same problems (poor frame rate, runway textures, etc)? I don't remember seeing any reports of anyone running in dx10 on ATI hardware.Don

Guest diajohn2

I just purchased and am using the new ATI HD3870 on my rather modest computer. AMD 3800x2 with 2 gig of ram.I am pleased that it increased my framerate 25-40% without having Acceleration (SP2).I may be able to put off my new machine for awhile since my framerates now allow me to fly my LDS767 and PMDG747X without having to be at a small airfield. I use Radar Contact, Ultimate Traffic at 25% and an ACARS and get 12-30FPS.12-20 at Narita with PMDG, 20-30 with LDS. Most eye candy enabled.

Guest diajohn2

Ordered from Newegg first night available.