Sign in to follow this  
ZX-3

Running FSX on a Mac

Will FSX run on one of these newer Macs with that updated OS? I have heard that you use to be able to run older version through some sort of emulator (sp?) but the performance was not real good. I have a pretty old P4 2.8 Ghz ATI 9800 Pro system that just does not seem to do too well with FSX, especially when SP1 is installed. I get a lot of video corruption outside the cockpit of the default aircraft.Terry

I don't think FSX would run well if at all in a MAC OS/emulator. You can however dual boot into windows itself (Separate Windows OS required)in which case it should run as well as a similarly configured PC.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Only on the new Mac Intel based CPU's.I use Mac's every day (for work, and my laptop is a Mac), and to be honest, I just cannot see how a Mac can outperform a 'hyped up' PC, no matter what anyone tells you. You would have to spend a fortune to get a Mac run as fast as a comparable PC....and this is from no Mac 'basher', in fact, I think OSX is a fantastic operating system, for what it is capable of....but Mac are not friendly to 'tweakers', thus 'gamers', in fact most 'Mac lovers' scoff at that idea.

ThanksSo the Mac is not the "Magic Bullet"when it comes to finding a good platform to run FSX on.Terry

I doubt it, and again, a comparable 'performance' Mac will cost you a fortune vs a custom built PC. There is no competition for Mac, thus the price remains high.There was a time when Apple allowed completion and clones (we used to have some of those 'boxes'), and they put a stop to that practice fairly quickly.Here is a good example from the Apple Store web site:Mac Pro.Leopard (latest OSX)ImageStart building your Mac Pro with our suggested configuration: * Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon