Sign in to follow this  
mtan002

AMD or P4

Guest Lobaeux4

Greg or Richard,How do y'all like the 2400xp running FS2K2? I just ordered a Gigabyte GA7XP to run with my 2400XP CPU. I'm upgrading from a 1700 XP, ECS mobo, gonna run WideFS with this. Just seeing how the 2400 XP handles the sim. Only bad thing now is getting rid of the 512 PC2100 memory I've got, but I'll save that expense for another day.Lobaeux

Guest Vulcho

AMD!I have the 1500XP and it's very good. Never caused any problems. Runs FS well. RAM, you need at least 512 (DDR).Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Guest BAW083

My Athlon XP2700+ runs, sitting idle in windows at 55-57'C!!I frightens me to think how hot it gets when I actually want it to do something.You could poach an egg.

>I've always been a fan of both AMD and Intel, but have >recently been sticking with Intel systems. My last three >computers have been based on an Intel CPU, and I have loved >all three of them. My current rig, which specs are in my >sig, runs on both an Intel Pentium 4 CPU and Intel 845G >chipset, and FS2k2 has run great. >EPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G Chipset >Visiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers) I thought the Intel 845G chipset included integrated graphics- are you able to also use a separate vid card if you have this chipset ? Barry

Guest BAW083

Can't you disable any onboard card?Our old Compaq Presario 7170 came with some 2mb onboard thingy (was quite good in 1994!) but we upgraded that. Just disabled it in the CMOS if i remember and put a new card into a PCI slot.

Same here...I have my XP1700+ and EPOX mobo running idle at 51C! It will go to 56/57 when I have SETI in the background. With FS2k2, I turn SETI off, the CPU will be about 52/53. And that is with 5 fans working mad to suck out the heats:1. A 120mm intake fan2. 2x80mm exhaust below the power supply3. 2 fans with the power supply itselfIn addition, there are two fans with the cooler to keep the processor from frying itself dead. The noise just drives me NUT! Well, it will be a Intel next time. Until next time...Michael TanCanberra