Hello all - hope someone out there can help me.I have a CH products yoke, which I have used with no probs for about 2 yrs.Recently I have been having some problems (which may not be related to the yoke specifically)Sometimes when flying the a/c leans - banks to the left - the vc yoke is leaning to the left, and although pressing the no 5 levels the ailerons, the monent you use the yoke again it leans once more.On the ground the left aileron is visibly in a left banked position.I can sort the problem by recalibrating the yoke, but the problem is still there on an intermittent basis.Any suggestions?Is it that the yoke is sending the wrong signal?The little box with the moving cross in it usually shows it to be left of centre when it is playing up.Thanks for any advice.Best regards. Chris Liddell

FIX#1>Calibrate it using the CH manager. Still available on their website I believe.Fix#2> Get paid version of FSUIPC and calibrate it there. WELL WORTH THE MONEY !!

Guest RonB49

Have you tried increasing the NULL zone a little bit? R-

Thanks for the advice.I have now downloaded the CH device manager ,and the a/c seems to be flying straight!However, despite following the simple steps to calibrate the yoke, I am now having the following problem:When calibrating the prop and mixture, the movement of the levers is detected by the manager programme, but when I fly the a/c the mixture does not work , and the mixture lever now operates the props!What should I do ? - help!Best regards,

Chris: It sounds like you have calibrated the levers in the CH Manager, but...Have you checked the FS9 contoller assignments to make sure things are working properly there?Check that the sensitivities are correct. Null all the way to the left, sensitivity all the way to the right. Hope this helps.

Hi and thanks for your advice.I seem so have sorted the problem out,and indeed I checked assignments in FS9, which seems to have defaulted to assigning the mixture to the rudder pedals, and the prop to the mixture etc ..........you get the idea!?So - having re assigned things we seem to be up and running - but just out of interest can anyone explain why running the CH programme manager seems to have caused this?In any case thanks for all your help!Cheers,

Hi Chris,>> ...but just out of interest can anyone explain why running the CH programme manager seems to have caused this?... <http://www.stickworks.com

Hi Bob.Thanks very much for your detailed response - it is very much appreciated.Thanks again,All the best from'Bonnie Scotland''Cheers

and a word of future advice. Don't be surprised when one day your computer decides to find that "new hardware" again and the CH yoke appears back to default. It is extremely buggy. On my system it seems to have a mind of its own and just disconnects and re-connects for no reason other than to make my day once every few months or so. So remember how to set it up. :)

Hi Kimchoc,It will "find new hardware" under several conditions, actually. First, when you plug the controllers in for the first time. Then it will probably find it again after the first reboot. From then on, it's usually stable unless you move your USB devices around or add a new CH Controller to the mix. Those mostly because Windows identifies the controllers by the order in which they're detected, and then associates that device with a particular port. Any change in detection order versus port looks to Windows like it needs to create "New Hardware".If none of that explains what you're seeing, you're likely just having problems with your USB system of some sort. Chipset problems, bad connections, voltage spikes, bad hub, etc. You might look at getting one of those PCI cards, they include another host controller which actually does increase the amount of USB traffic the system can handle. External hubs don't, they just add more ports to the existing host controller(s) in the PC and further divide up the available USB bandwidth.Also, if you make the changes in Devices.cfg, even if you add sections for controller types that aren't there already, then "Reset Defaults" in the FS Controls Assignments dialog will still bring them back. FS will rewrite FS9.cfg or FSX.cfg, but it never rewrites Devices.cfg so the settings there are always available.BTW, if you (or anyone) is interested, I posted a complete list of the controls that FSX recognizes on my website back around the end of November. It's the complete set, something over 1100, not just the 400 or so that FS makes available, and you can write them into Devices.cfg or FS9/FSX.cfg files manually. Do be aware that they may not actually work. MS has always had names defined and then released without implementing the functions, so all you can do is to try them and see.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

10-4 Bob. Just trying to give the guy a heads up. All my CH stuff pedals, yoke and quad have been very difficult to maintain and setup. Add to that a Saitek45 and an A-PAC USB interface for switch panels and its a quite a day. I didnt even mention trying to setup the CH Throttle quad for reversing. LOL. What a nightmare!!! I had to google the net to find out how it was done. Then to taxi out to the runway and have Fs CTD on you and its enough to make you sell it all. ahahahahah

Hi Kimchoc,>> 10-4 Bob. Just trying to give the guy a heads up. All my CH stuff pedals, yoke and quad have been very difficult to maintain and setup. Add to that a Saitek45 and an A-PAC USB interface for switch panels and its a quite a day. <> I didnt even mention trying to setup the CH Throttle quad for reversing. LOL. What a nightmare!!! I had to google the net to find out how it was done. <> Then to taxi out to the runway and have Fs CTD on you and its enough to make you sell it all. ahahahahah :)Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

More good info Bob. I don't think I run map mode, I just program the buttons in Fs. Use the CH manager to calibrate and set those dead zones for reversing.But this is good info for whoever owns a CH Yoke. Below is a pic of mine right after I took a jigsaw and cut the levers out. Although I might add, the was a, er, slip, with the jigsaw and I had to send to unit back to CH for a new circuit board. They were pretty cool about it and replaced it for me for the price of the board itself.One thing is for sure about CH, it was the ONLY thing going at a reasonable price for desktoppers. Until Saitek came along, anyway.http://eecherrors.homestead.com/quad.jpghttp://eecherrors.homestead.com/lever.jpghttp://eecherrors.homestead.com/Throttle_quad.JPG