Sign in to follow this  
homer

Rainbow Colors In Clouds And Lights

First, I want to thank everyone that contributes to these forums. I've learned a lot, but have a ways to go....Our video card went bad and was just replaced with GEFORCE 7600GS card. I have found suggestions for settings in this forum and to me, everything looks great (better) so far, except now I have a rainbow or water color effect in aircraft landing lights. Also, clouds are not rendering properly and I'm seeing the color effect there as well.I'm guessing it may be a setting issue and can hopefully be easily resolved. I have tried different combinations, but no luck so far. If anyone can help me, it would be very much appreciated!Thank you.SteveNvidia settings:Anistropic 16Antialiasing - Gamma - On / Setting 8XS / SupersamplingForce Mipmaps - TrilinearTexture Filtering - ClampTexture Quality - High QualityTriple Buffering - Off By the way... after installing this card and messing around with the settings, I could not get rid of jagged edges on my aircraft and shimmering taxi lines and distant scenery. Found a post by "Apollo" that suggested checking ON antialiasing in FS - never would have tried that as most seem to advise against it - BUT... BAM - AA checked on in FS cured my shimmers and jaggies.?!?Thanks for reading and for any suggestions with the color issue.

Have you confirmed you are running in 32-bit, not 16-bit, colour?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Are you using 32bit color or 16bit?Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. Monitor display is set at 32bit. The Nvidia control panel Color Quality slider is to the right - Highest (32bit) Refresh rate is 75hz.I have 1280x1024 resolution set on monitor and FS if that makes any difference.Is there another place to check for 32bit color setting?Thank you.Steve

Check the graphics settings in FSX on the page where you set AA, AF and the screen resolution.Regards,Jim Karn

No problem, The settings for 16 and 32 bit appear in the same location. It's part of the resolution eg. 1024X768X16 where 16 is 16-bit and 1024X768X32 where 32 is 32-bit.Regards,Jim Karn

>No problem, The settings for 16 and 32 bit appear in the same>location. It's part of the resolution eg. 1024X768X16 where>16 is 16-bit and 1024X768X32 where 32 is 32-bit.>>Regards,>Jim KarnJim - and others who replied to my question - THANK YOU.I had the disply resolution set to 1280x1024x16. Changed to 1280x1024x32 and it's beautiful again. Guess I never paid attention to the 16/32 on those settings. I've learned something new thanks to your kind attention! I appreciate your help with this - so simple and I missed it completely.Steve