Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Matrox TH2G Digital

Guest Bud

Hi all,Does anyone know if this latest version of the TH2G with bezel management overcome the problem of runway alignment across the three monitors.Bud

I thought thats what it was supposed to do.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Bud

So did I, but I understand that there were some problems initially with the bezel management software and I wondered if that had all been sorted.Bud

I have it and it woks fine, only problem with bezel alignment is that you lose a little viewat the side

Over at SimHQ, their review of the TH2G shows photos of how the same views compare using Digital/bezel management vs. the older analogue version.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Guest Bud

Many thanks. Eventually I saw the pics on the site. Frankly I wasn't too impressed. I have had the analogue version for a while and have got pretty much the same effect by playing around with the monitors' set up menus. I was rather hoping that the digital version prevented the loss of view on the monitor edges.Bud

It can't prevent the loss of view from the extreme sides - to do so it would need a larger output than 3840x1024 presented to it in the first place to get that extra information...

Guest Bud

I understand. In that case, there seems little advantage in the digital version over the analogue.Bud

Well, it is digital so technically a better signal throughput and the bezel management can simply be toggled on and off with a hot key.To be honest, I don't use it on mine. Bezels are small enough that it doesn't really bother me anyway and the brain seems to compensate for it anyway and ignores the step.