Sign in to follow this  

AVSIM Staff - Library search problem

Hi StaffSome of us seem to have a problem when searching for planes/panels using designations like "DC6" or "DC-10".I don't know what the problem is but there seem to be some kind of bug in the search engine.Please have a look at this other tread which has a more specific description of the problem. http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...07191&mode=full(The DC-10 mentioned is dc10_sas.zip)Cedar

I think some of you do. Using the extended search function would cure most of these problems. Suggest you give that a try and see what happens.

Hi TomI tried using both the basic search function and the extended where I used the description field. Most other DC-6 and DC-10s show up but not the files mentioned in the thread. The only way to find them is to search by author or file name (if you already know them) or by browsing through the whole library (I did that with the DC-10). So either there must be an error in the way the search engine is working or the files have somehow been "put wrongly" into the library.Sorry about being persistent about this but I am pretty sure that something is not working properly. Hope you will have a look into this.CedarThe files in question:dc6_panl.zip (DC-6 panel by Ken Mitchell)dc10_sas.zip (Scandinavian DC-10-30 by Andrew Malgieri. I know "scandinavian" is spelled wrong in the library but I have not searched by using that word but only "DC10", "DC-10" and "DC-10-30" )

Guest Matt Johnson

Search terms with dashes '-' in them will not work properly. This is a limitation of the database engine and not our code. A workaround is possible but I will need to implement it... which takes time... which, due to real-world commitments, is something I am very short of right now.

Aha.....this also explains why I was not able to find a file in the library with the strange name "bell47gmaxskids+txt_107830.zip" as I guess "+" is causing the very same problem. (I however found it when searching for the author).Thanks for the reply. I guess I can live with it until the problem sometime will be solved :-)Cedar