Sign in to follow this  
Guest acolvard

Saitek Yoke Issue, sticking

Guest acolvard

I have been using my Saitek yoke for a month or so, tweaking to get it working like I want. I have resisted to post becuase there has been enough issues regarding this product and I was still getting use to it. I have a CH yoke and it performs well except for some stickiness, so I bought a Saitek.Well I have some stickiness. It is when pulling and releasing slowly it sometimes sticks prior to the center. It centers perfectly for roll. Any ideas? Lubrication suggestions? I have taken it apart but can not determine where it is sticking.I also have noticed a slight out of trim condition flying the 172, it always turns to the left a little. I have calibrated it many times. Looking at the deazones in the control panel it appears that the yoke is just slightly off center. I havenot increased the dead zone here but will try. Any ideas.I do not have any randoms key presses or any other issues.

About that 172... Can you elaborate a little? Real aircrafts also tend to do those sort of things.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>I have been using my Saitek yoke for a month or so, tweaking>to get it working like I want. I have resisted to post>becuase there has been enough issues regarding this product>and I was still getting use to it. I have a CH yoke and it>performs well except for some stickiness, so I bought a>Saitek.>>Well I have some stickiness. It is when pulling and releasing>slowly it sometimes sticks prior to the center. It centers>perfectly for roll. Any ideas? Lubrication suggestions? I>have taken it apart but can not determine where it is>sticking.>>I also have noticed a slight out of trim condition flying the>172, it always turns to the left a little. I have calibrated>it many times. Looking at the deazones in the control panel>it appears that the yoke is just slightly off center. I>havenot increased the dead zone here but will try. Any>ideas.>>I do not have any randoms key presses or any other issues.Please give me your serial number of your yoke.. you can find it of the bottom side. It can say a lot... brds

Guest acolvard

I have a 50 series serial number. I do not have any phantom key issues. Just the sticky yoke when climbing and slightly off center calibration. The calibration is simular to the way the plane would resond if you where using the number pad to turn and clicked the 6 key once. It just keeps turn, banking. I am a private pilot so I am familar with the movement of the DG.

>I have a 50 series serial number. I do not have any phantom>key issues. Just the sticky yoke when climbing and slightly>off center calibration. The calibration is simular to the way>the plane would resond if you where using the number pad to>turn and clicked the 6 key once. It just keeps turn, banking.> I am a private pilot so I am familar with the movement of the>DG.as you said xxx50xxx series :( ... yokes starts from xxx51xxx are free from that behaviours..brds