I have recently wondered why some hardware developers have not made a device that contains knobs/dials etc. Something like the CH Products throttle quadrant with a few dials would be great!I know there are some folks that make MCPs and other radio stacks but they are very expensive. There would not be the need for digital readouts on the devices itself, just programable dials for radios, heading, course, altitude set etc. It would be great to get even less dependant on the ol' mouse. Also, back in the old fs 98, 2000, 2002 days there was a mini radio stack made be someone. Does anyone know if that still exists? It wasn't all that expensive compared to some of the products available today that seem to start in the $800-1000 range. I would think that the flight sim market is getting large enough that something of this nature would be feasable. Scott

Thanks Jim, but I was thinking that something could be made that wouldn't cost the price of an economy car. Granted what Simkits and Go flight have produced are outstanding, I am thinking something more along the lines of a generic "plastic" if you will design. Something that wouldn't have the displays and totally realistic look, but rather jusst the function of programmable dials and a few buttons. Simkit's radio stack is awesome, but at over 3000 euros??? I am not sure what that equates to in our weak dollar right now, but OUCH. It is somewhat amazing to me that a 60 inch plasma TV costs less than some flight sim hardware systems. For that price one could purchase 3 high end computers.Don't get me wrong... the quality of the products being poduced appears outstanding, but a simple plasic model with some programmable switches, dials and buttons could be designed at a cost similar to CH's yokes and throttles I would think. Respectfully,Scott

Guest jahman

>Simkits and Go flight have produced are outstanding, I am>thinking something more along the lines of a generic "plastic">if you will design. Something that wouldn't have the displays>and totally realistic look, but rather jusst the function of>programmable dials and a few buttons.Seems to me the Go-Flight "RP48 2" Tall Panel Module"at: http://www.goflightinc.com/order/product_i...&products_id=78with 8 pushbuttons (with status LEDs) and 4 rotary encodersis exactly what you

Guest jimcooper1

There are many forums which discuss how to create home-built cockpitsincluding switches and rotary knobsGoogle for:Home Built CockpitSimpitRegardsJim