Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Saitek Yoke clamp issue

Hello allI just got the Saitek Yoke & Throttle Quad. Overall the product is very good -- but I have a small problem with the clamp piece for the yoke. The clamp thing is too big to fit under my desk -- as there is only about 4-5 inches between the keyboard tray and the top of the desk.Without the clamp piece -- the yoke slides around when flying...I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if they have any suggestions.Thanks!

Don't use your keyboard tray. Seriously, that's the only way around it. Remove it and move the keyboard up to the desk surface. Besides, with the yoke you wouldn't be able to use the keyboard anyway.

Nick is spot on.I removed my keyboard tray and mounted the yoke underneath my desk.Keyborad know resides on the top of my desk.

Guest RonB49

I don't have that yoke yet but I've read of two other options. One person (I don't remember who) went to the hardware store and bought small C-clamps. Geofa remove the clamps and screwed his yoke to the desk. R-

>Alright... anyone have a more... creative solution? A long time ago I added a fairly heavy piece of shelving to extend the width of my keyboard tray to accomodate my extra wide programable keyboard and my X-45 throttle on theleft of the KB and the X-45 stick on the right. This configuration remains in place 24/7. When I received my Saitek Pro yoke & throttle plus an additional throttle module I was wondering how to configure everything. I decided to do away with the overly large Saitek mounting hardware and devised a way to mount the yoke, when I wish to use it ( I use the X-45 stick most of the time ). I installed several velcro strips on the extention board on the area where my keyboard normally sits. I installed velcro stripson the underside of the Pro Yoke as well. When I wish to use the yoke I just lift my keyboard out of the way and attach the yoke with the velcro. I them placee my keyboard on top of the yoke. With the X-45 hardware and the Pro yokethrottle hardware all connected I don't have alot of need for the keyboard while flying FSX anyhow. For the throttle quadrants I usend the velcro approach for mounting but since there was no room on the keyboard trayextention I decided to put one of my old, non-functioning computer mid-tower cases to work ( with PS & MB still installed ). I put velcro strips on the top of the case, which was just sitting around on the floor anyhow, and now have the throttle quadrants mounted down at about the height of an ECU :) When I'm done flying with the yoke I rip it free from the velcro and place it on top of the mid-tower case that holds the throttles. As noted, I have the X-45 stuff connected all the time as well as the yoke and throttles. I just disabled the X-45 throttle axis and use the new throttles instead, mapped through FSUIPC. I still use all of my switches and trim pots on the X-45 throttle. Paul ( creative enough? ) :)

Wide-5.jpg

Guest mtlmtl

Had the same problem. I removed the clamp from the yoke and used several strips of heavy duty velcro to mount yoke on top of desk. I then used the clamp that came with the throttle and mounted it to the keyboard tray. The velcro works well.Matt

Guest mahingan

I had the identical situation with my set up. What I did as a temporary cure, was to put a small piece of foam on top of the Saitek yoke to protect it, and then placed a 10 lb barbell plate on the foam. That sucker doesn't move at all.Mahingan

Hi, I moved my keyboard to the desktop, then mounted the yoke to the keyboard tray. Originally the yoke housing we too thick to fit in the tray, so I just remounted the slides for the tray a little lower on the desk. Still had the problem of the tray moving around, but a couple woodscrews sent through the sides of the tray locked it down. Larry

Just get yourself some of the heavy duty velcro, put it on the desk and under the yoke base. Not permanant, and better than hassling with the clamps all the time.