Sign in to follow this  
pan pan pan

Saitek Pro flight throttle quadrant

Hello everyone.I am at my wits end trying to calibrate the throttle quadrant through FSUIPC.I have the single throttle, prop and mixture quadrant.I downloaded John Cooks guide, and have had no problem with calibrating elevators, ailerons, assigning buttons etc.But the throttle quadrant ?, boy oh boy!!!I can get the jets sorted without too much trouble, because there's no condition levers involved.Yet when i try to calibrate an aircraft with condition levers, such as Flight One's Conquest, all #### breaks loose.One minute i get the throttles working, but condition levers wont.Then if i happen to fluke both working, then just one condition lever will work and the other wont, or when pulling on the condition lever, the throttle lever will move.I calibrated the prop control for one condition lever, and the mixture control for the other condition lever, but then the throttle wouldnt work.As you can tell, when it comes to setting up the throttle quadrant, i have absolutely no idea what i am doing.Can anybody out in Avsim world help me with this?Thanks, Andy

Guest william273

you might have to setup a NEW profile for a different aircraft type since the controls can be different. don't know if that will help but it's worth a try. good luck, william

FSUIPC has an aircraft dependent checkbox. Like said above, set up profiles for each plane and check the box. One other thing to check. Increase the sensitivity for the joystick within FS. If its to low, it work respond in FSUIPC.Lassie

Andy,I got two throttles from Santa. I'm running them with a CH Yoke. Although it takes some time to sink in, the information from the FSUIPC pdf's (FS9Modules folder) and John Cook's tutorial really, really helped. Do a search on FSUIPC in either the FS9 forum or Hardware Forum.One thing that totally helped me was to disable the Yoke from within FS and program them in FSUIPC. I was a bit apprehensive at first but trust me, they will work. The only issue is you have to remap ALL of your axis and buttons.A few notes:1. Set up generic inputs first (Cessna; elevator, aileron, flaps, views, buttons)2. Set up other aircraft next, using the check box for specific aircaft so FSUIPC will remember them.3. Leave yourself a bit more play for the IDLE settings for your throttles.4. Experiment. There are still some throttle settings I want to make minute changes to.5. Before doing any changes, make a backup copy of your FSUIPC.INI file.I was able to successfully program my CH Yoke and two Saitek throttle thru FSUIPC to use with: Capt Sim C-130 (4 throttles, Flaps) LDS767 (Spoiler, two throttles, Flaps) FSD Seneca V (2 Throttles, 2 Props, 2 Mixtures) MAAM B25 (2 Throttles, 2 Props, 2 Mixtures) Generic (1 throttle, 1 prop, 1 mixture) for the rest of my GA fleetGood Luck, we're all counting on you...Jim

Thanks for the input gents.Im off to work for two weeks, work away.Will wait until i get back before i have another crack at it, as there is that much info running thru my head im just starting to confuse myself.Tally ho........