Sign in to follow this  

Smooth scroll effect in Cockpit view

How do you make fs2002 scroll smoothly when looking left and right within the cockpit? I saw that effect in some of MS's demo clips, but can't find any documentation on how to do that. I don't mind the toggled views, but the scrolling effect was very impressive.Are there special keystrokes that you use? Do you have to be in Virtual Cockpit view? I don't have a joystick, I just use the keyboard. Thanks all!Doug

And yes, you have to be in VC mode. The 2D panels are just static bitmaps... there's no way to pan around them.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Well, I added that to the fs2002.cfg file, but it still doesn't pan. What is the "Hat Switch" you are talking about? I must still be missing something. Thanks again for all your help.Doug>Hi, >>No. >I use this modification in the FS2002 config file under >{controls}. >Now i'm able to look left, right, up and down, using the >"Hat switch", in the 2D panel!. >It works in all 8-9 2D vieuws.It seemed to be an advice of >Pete Dowson. >Just try it. It's very nice and easy! >>http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4...75aouncN_th.jpg

This will do the trick for you - search in the file library for "Active Camera Pro" by Anticyclone - filename "activecamerapro1_3.zip" or go to their website at www.anticyclone.be. Active Camera Pro will allow you to use your mouse to do super smooth pans around the VC in your aircraft. It also has some other great features like flyby view and a walk around view of your bird on the ground. As well as adding some cool effects like ground turbulence while on taxi or takeoff roll and head latentcy while flying. I always used to use the hat switch to looking around my VC and it was a bit jerky even set at a high pan rate of 900. My jaw dropped open when I saw how smooth it was with the mouse after installing Active Camera Pro! Look for it under the "Options" pulldown in FS2002 after you follow the install instructions.AntiCyclone really changed the way I use my sim and a BIG THANKS goes out to Serge Baye, Guillaume Darier and Andy Newman! Can't wait to see what they have in store for the next release?Enjoy...

The "hat switch" is the button on top of your joystick which serves the same purpose as the "number keypad" on your keyboard...it moves the view around to the 9 positions. p

I have been meaning to do that! I guess now is as good a time as any! I'll give it a go!Doug

Oh, now I see what you mean. I tried it tonight, and it does indeed pan around the outside world when in the 2D cockpit, which I guess can be useful if not particularly realistic. I misunderstood the original question and thought the goal was to pan around *inside* the cockpit, which can only be done in VC mode.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

You might wanna increase the pan rate from 400 to 900 which is IMHO more realistic (in real life I'm able to move my head a bit quicker .. ;) )Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries

RobdeVries.jpg

Active Camera Pro rocks!! Exactly what I was looking for! I had no idea there was a tool like this out there! Kudos to the developers! I did notice some odd occurances when playing around with external view, but apparently, that is the norm. Thanks again to all.Doug

Glad to see you discovered Active Camera Pro Doug. As I said it has really changed the way I operate in the cockpit. My mouse is getting a massive ammount of use now in FS2002. The flyby view is also an excellent addition that should have been standard in 2002. If you do a search for Active Camera Pro in the forums, the developers recently posted a "Want List" of new features that users would like to see in their next version. Might be worth adding your $0.02 to it.