Hi folks :-)I was digging around in our loft (attic) and found some 'shot em games'Janes F15, Longbow and Total Air War (F22) which ran really well on a 233MMX cpu, which brings me to ask how come MSFS was never done in 3DFX as it used to steam along quite well on a 233 cpu with all manner of things going on in the sim and I wonder what kind of quality would be seen with todays 'high end' cpu's and graphic cards if 3DFX was the 'platform' ?Steve / UK

HelloThis should give you some idea of the differenceManufacturer: 3dfx voodoo 2 Series: GPU: SST96Release Date: 1998-03-01Interface: PCICore Clock: 90 MHzMemory Clock: 90 MHzMemory Bandwidth: 2.16 GB/secShader Operations: 90 MOperations/secPixel Fill Rate: 90 MPixels/secTexture Fill Rate: 180 MTexels/secVertex Operations: 0 MVertices/secManufacturer: nVidia 8800 gtxSeries: GeForce 8GPU: G80Release Date: 2006-11-08Interface: PCI-E x16Core Clock: 575 MHzShader Clock: 1350 MHzMemory Clock: 900 MHz (1800 DDR)Memory Bandwidth: 86.4 GB/secShader Operations: 172800 MOperations/secPixel Fill Rate: 13800 MPixels/secTexture Fill Rate: 18400 MTexels/sechttp://www.freewebs.com/reading1871/30.jpg

Hello,Yep, technology has certainly advanced, wonder tho if it would be better if it were running with those specs under 3DFX.

Hello,Oh right, never knew Nvidia bought out 3DFX, guess that awnsers my question..!thanks MD :-)