Sign in to follow this  
Guest JefferyBass

TripleHead2Go initialization inconsistencies

Guest JefferyBass

I have six PC's each running a separate simulator in our museum. Each is using three 19" monitors with Matrox TripleHead2Go. (That's 18 monitors I have to get up and running). I can get them all up and running and they're fine. The Matrox light is "green" and I get all three monitors working great with FS. When I reboot a PC, however, the Matrox box may or may not give me the green light. Then I have to chase around switching cables, monitors, what have you, trying to get the Matrox box tricked into thinking it likes what it's talking to. Does anyone else have inconsistencies in getting the TripleHead2Go to initialize consistently after a normal shutdown? Do you use your TripleHead2Go in SLI? What is your activation procedure? Do you recycle the Matrox then cycle the monitors? Or vice versa? I appreciate your thoughts on issues related to getting the Matrox and your three monitors to talk to eachother with each startup. Intel E6850 Core 2 3.0 GHz4.0 GHz RAMNvidia 8800 Ultra x2 Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital edition19" Samsung 931b monitorsThanks!- Jeffery Bass

Guest b21

FWIW, I turn off my PC and just let the monitors go into standby, and never power down the th2g (analogue) box or monitors, and it fires up fine every time. No SLI.B21

Are these the digital TH2Go. I know I have a similar issue with mine.It'd to do with the USB power. Some motherboards provide power on the USB conection even when the PC is in soft off, others don't.When powering on the PC, because of the partial power on the USB it may be that the TH2Go box is in an odd state and then doesn't initialise properly.The solution for my setup is that I need to disconnect and reconnect the USB connection to my TH2Go before powering the PC in order to reset the TH2Go state.An alternative would be to hang the TH2Go off a powered USB hub and then turn that off properly, a powered USB hub on a monitor should do the same trick.Better would be if the motherboard allowed you to enable/disable power on USB connections when in soft off - some do, some don't.

Hi!to solve these problems just go to the Matrox website register your product and yourself and ask for assistance by e-mail. They will send you a new firmware and voil

Is there a new firmware to solve the power issue - new there was one to change the default single screen to the centre (rather than left) but wasn't aware of any other changes available...