Sign in to follow this  

Video Card Question?

Guest usaircon

i jus bought a PC withn a new 9700 pro radeon in it and i wanted to know if there has been mayn probs with it and if so hhow can i fix it? has it been a general sucsess or a nightmaree???lol some plz help i really need it

Guest Fortress

>i jus bought a PC withn a new 9700 pro radeon in it and i >wanted to know if there has been mayn probs with it and if >so hhow can i fix it? has it been a general sucsess or a >nightmaree???What do YOU think? You own the card after all!>some plz help i really need it Why? The problem(s) is/are?Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo

Guest The Ancient Brit

USaircon,Well I can only hope you have more luck with your 9700 Radeon Pro that I had. My experience was screen freezes and desktop crashes within five minutes, sometimes much sooner than that, whenever I tried to run FSK2. I replaced it with a G4 Ti 4400 128Mb and have been running FS2K2 without a hitch since. The 9700 has been fitted to my old computer which my dealer is upgrading before I pass it on to my son. Only today did he

Guest usaircon

WEll thank you very much Ancient Brit....and just an FYI for teh Fortress guy..i haven't recieved it yet its on its way from teh dell plant in texas...u shouldnt approach some1 with such an attitude as urs. Thx again fro u rhelp Ancient Brit.

usaircon; you'll love it. When you get it, set the video card up for 4xAA & 16xAF with all other settings on max quality (don't need 6xAA for FS). Leave Truform turned off though and leave vsync set at application preference. Crank the resolution to 1600x1200x32 color (through the FS2002 cfg file if your monitor can handle that), set max frames at 20 and move all the sliders to the right and have at it. Shouldn't be any problems unless you start messing with the system configuration. Enjoy!!

Guest BAW083

DirectX 9 and get the latest ATi Catalyst drivers (3.0) for it and it should all work well.I'm well pleased with mine. Having up to date drivers did make a difference. I've only had the machine since just prior to christmas and it came with Catalyst 2.4 and DirectX 8.1a and the machine wasn't all that impressive. Now it's bloody quick.

Guest usaircon

thx for all the help can u tell me where to get these drivers? thank you...adn the man who told me about teh resolution and sstuff plz contact me by email!!! usaircon@yahoo.com

I have a 9700 and have had zero problems. I had a gf4600 which was nothing but trouble. I really think there are a lot of defective cards out there which cause lots of problems. I am almost certain that my gf4600 was messed up. It started out ok, but got more and more unstable as time went on. If you get a card which just doesn't work, take it back to where you got it and get a refund.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest The Ancient Brit

Further to my message #2 where I said I was going to give the 9700 Pro card another try (much to the relief of my dealer who was tearing his hair out trying to persuade it to run in my son

Really no problems at all: neither with fs2002 nor with other games or software. Only with CS3, I have to run 800*600 (but I think that that is a known problem and there will be a patch from ms).Therefore, I had never to fix anything.Nightmares, only because of bad landings.AMD 1800+512Mb;ATI 9700PRO;latest Catalist drivers;USB CH yoke + pedals;DirectX9;Logitech MOMO racing;Windows XP home.Cheers,wvannes

ATI went right to work when they discovered troubles with the new 8xAGP motherboards. Both ATI and the motherboard manufacturers were at fault there. I think they've got most everything worked out now from the looks of things with the exception of a few newer motherboards still not supplying enough juice to the card. I never had that problem with the Intel D850EMV2 board and am still running the CD 6166 drivers. It ain't broke, so I'm not messing with new drivers yet.