Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeM

Calibration Function For Saitek EVO Joystick Vanishes.....

1. When first connected (via USB) to a new computer followed by a calibration, the Saitek worked fine for a while. Then, for an unknown reason the control of FSX aircraft became erratic, e.g. aircraft running in circles when advancing throttle control, unstable control in the sky (sometimes), etc. etc.2. When the stick was first calibrated there was an instruction to 'PRESS ANY KEY' after each function was tested, i.e. x-axis, z-axis, hat switch, throttle, etc. Now, this 'PRESS ANY KEY' function does not appear during the calibration process whether accomplished while FSX is running or via the Control Panel-Game Controllers prior to starting FSX.3. If I recall correctly in the initial set-up there were three options that appeared in the calibration box: 'OK' 'CANCEL' 'APPLY'. 'APPLY' would have been the one to select but although it still is displayed in this calibration window it does not respond to a mouse click for selection.4. I downloaded the latest driver for my system (Vista 32bit) from Saitek but it did not resolve the problem.5. Other system info: FSX w/acceleration pack and DX10 on a HP Blackbird 002 comp (much more computer than I need but it is impressive and expensive!!!!).Anyone have any suggestions?-George

Let me Bump this up one time and ask another question: If nobody can answer the specific question(s) on the Saitek can anyone offer any general ideas on why the joystick operation becomes erratic?-G

Guest big_morgan

George,Speaking from experience with my Logitech (similar to the Saitek EVO, at least in price) it may just be your stick has "worn out". How long have you had it? If it's still under warranty maybe just send it back for replacement?I had similar problems with my cheapo logitech wireless. Carefully opened her up and cleaned her out, then used some ghetto jury-rigging to make sure the y-axis (where I had the "erratic-ness") pot was solidly connected to the gimbal-like thing (don't know the exact name).Good luck,

Morgan, it's a relatively new stick (within the past year) and has not yet had a lot of 'wear and tear.'By coincidence, I installed a new payware package (Just Flight's DC-10 Collection) this morning and the install program included a version of FSUIPC4. After trying these newly installed DC-10s and several other aircraft, the joystick control was significantly less erratic (at least the aircraft don't run around in circles as they did previously). It's still not perfect but I'll play around with it for a while and see if things improve...As described in my original post though, the stick still cannot be calibrated; I tend to lean towards a software rather than hardware issue.Thanks for your response.-G