Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

FSFailure and FSNasty

Anyone using these? I can't get FSFailure to work, and I suspect FS Nasty isn't working either.For FSFailure, I've copied the lines into the FS2002.cfg file. To test I set the %failure to 100%, but it does not fail the system.I've been using FSNasty while flying for a while and it has yet to fail anything.I'm using FSUIPC v2.95.

I use FSFailure 2.0 and if anything, it works too well. I had to alter the default settings so I didn't get an engine out every time I went up. I did not copy anything into the cfg file, however. I simply copied the .exe and .cfg of FSFailure into the FS2002 file. If you want, copy the .exe to your desktop; after starting FS, you can minimize and start FSFailure from there. You can also use FSUIPCRunOptions and set it up to start FSFailure after FS2002 loads. Works for me.Regards,Rick

I have FS Maintenence. I guess I'm good, because I never got any failures. Well, except the excessive taxi speed bug while flying and landing only to find no brakes.

Where did you get v2.0? Mine is v1.0. I did a search, and I didn't see anything for a v2.0. I saw a link to a v1.1.0, but it was a broken link.

Hmm, they are completely different programs with the same name. I'll give that one a try and see if it works.

i second FSMaint. a great program and you can tweak it anyway you like - for example i have my set up for bush type flying, to allow steeper descents, etc - give it a try, it will fail stuffone time i landed and my wheel brakes failed, very exciting/intense ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest gasebah

What I really do not like about FSMaintenance is that you have to leave crashes on. Because it is very likely that you have a crash without having one anything wrong. Scenery mistakes, an AI 747 that crashes into you from behind while you are no. 1 for landing on final approach. Etc.etc. I just bought Reliability Factor and will let you know the results.Alex