Sign in to follow this  

How Does It Look

Hi,I have a question about performance... At Meigs with ALL maxed out in display settings(even ground shadows, tri-filter, lights at 8... everything) I get between 10~12.5FPS at the 36 of Meigs, in 1600x1024x32 resolution... System: P3 700mhz, FSB100mhz128mb RAM PC100GeForce 2 GTS 32mb11.5Gb HD 90Mb WIN Swap fileDo you think this is a good performance or is it poor??? Thanks,Jean.

Well, seeing that these are my specs:AMD 1.6 ghz512 meg ddr ramgeforce 2 mx400 64 meg20 gig HDOn windows ME (I Know....)And I only get like 7 FPS without everything turned on, your good. Unless my system isn't preforming like it should......

I think it's pretty darn good. Is that without any FSAA?

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

What is FSAA?? If you mean Add-on then no... there's a few add-ons installed but not too many...Regards,Jean.

Guest flightpro08

10-12.5 FPS with all settings maxed and running at 1600X1200X32 at Meigs? My system is about 3 times as fast as yours and I'd be very lucky to pull those types of frames off. Ummm :-hmmmRyan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

I'd be very happy with 10-12 fps in that situation if I were you. Considering the processor, RAM and video card that amounts to screaming performance!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

And then I pinched myself, and realised I was dreaming :-)But more seriously, these figures (comparisons) don't mean a thing when you don't give ALL the details, since there are lots of other factors that influence the fps considerably. Like:- % AI traffic ?? Any planes active ?- Is it the standard Meigs scenery, or do you use addon's ?- Which aircraft/panel ?- Which View mode ? (cockpit, spotplane, etc)- What's the Zoom factor for the outside view and what is the View Direction ? (i.e. how much of the outside scenery do you see) ?- Weather, visibility setting , Etc Etc Etc.Only the difference in the settings mentioned above can even influence the framerate by a factor 2 or more.In other words:Without a properly defined testreference situation (which I don't know of), all these threads about frame comparisons really don't mean a thing ...Rob

I'd say that's pretty darn good....My system is (slightly) better than yours, and I only got 7-8fps with everything maxed while sitting at the end of runway 36 (the exact position and aircraft of the default flight, since that's the flight I selected to place myself there :) ). However, the closest 32bit resolution I could get was 1280x1024, and fps was about the same in 2D cockpit mode and spot plane view.I only get decent performance (in all airports with most aircraft (meljet 747/777 excluded)) with almost everything minimized..... This is on a P3 800MHz FSB 133MHz (I think, but could be 100MHz)384MB RAM (PC100 I think)ASUS V8200 Geforce3 puretotal 100GB HD space split into several partitions576MB swap spaceWin XP sp1 (or are they up to 2 now? Thought I saw some "sp2" stuff after a couple updates....)Now this *really* makes me wish I could afford a new computer.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hi Rob,Well, let's see if I cover all your aspects:- AI at 100%(when planes begin to taxi, fps may drop to 10~11, not less)- Standard Meigs and Cessna (cockpit view)- wethar is clear, visibility is unlimited(at weather and display settings)- Zoom factor: I don't know... but I think is FS2k2 standartand answering above's question: anti-aliasing is ONThanks and Regards,Jean.

Hi,what I don't understand is why it is so rare to get those FPS I'm getting with my system...My friend has an Athlon 1800+, 256mb RAM, Asus mother board and a GeForce 4 MX 64mb... and with FS2k2 settings exactly like mine he gets 30fps at Meigs... I mean, is that NORMAL for a sys like his??? Isn't it TOO HIGH???Thanks,Jean.

Well I have a p3 866 mhz cpu, 512 sdram and a a gforce 2 mx400. I use to get with the flight one senca with everything maxed except for vis and no ai traffic(fps killer) i would get 10-15 fps. My brother has p3 900mhz i think, 256 sdram and gforce ti4200. He gets obscene fps. He locks in at 25 fps and no ai traffic on. So i don't know what it is I don't understand why some get such low fps. At the simflyers aiports with maybe with the pss scairbus or 777 meljet it will be 5-8 fps.

Hi,at Meigs with the 747 standart panel and AI set to 0%, I get between 10~12.5fps...Regards,Jean.

Guest sidewinder

I find it hard to believe show me screen shot

Hi Sidewinder!Here's your screenshot... understand that I erased most of the panel section because o the size of the file... but I think you recognizer the nice 747 setup. ENJOY!