Sign in to follow this  

DirectX 9.0... Please read

Hi EveryoneI am wondering how many of you installed directX 9 and now wish you were back on 8.1? IMO 9.0 ruined my FS2002, because, well, for one i've lost about 50fps or more in the cessna ... heres the comparission results..DirectX 8.1PIC767 holding short short taxiway N at KBOS 10-13fps.DirectX 9.0PIC767 holding short short taxiway N at KBOS 5-8fps..........This is very dissapointing, I had installed 9.0 because over at MSN Gaming Zone they're telling everyone to upgrade to 9.0 because some FSHost games will kick everyone out that is running anything below DX9.0, so I was STUPID and listened to them.Maybe I'll reformat and set up again, I don't know, but I have a bad gut feeling when I want to start up FS2002... I think it's kinda ruined it for me :-

Guest BAW083

No I like it. That and the new ATi drivers have brought to life a christmas present that prior to those two pieces of software was frankly a bit of a disappointment.Above FL350 my sky now goes grey and the speedometer reads 0kts and I get mad... but i doubt it's a DX9 issue.

Shane - For the most part, DX9 has had little, if any, impact on overall framerates. The change in the rate is probably due to a combination of factors, not just due to DX9 alone. Before reformatting and going back to DX8 you might want to reinstall DX9, then reinstall your video drivers, then delete your FS2002.cfg file and let FS2002 rebuild it. Also, trying more than one set of video drivers may be useful - especially with those from nVidia.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hey DougActually I just did that.. reinstalled 32.80 or whatever they are for windows 2000... i'm on a Geforce 2 MX 400 card.. so.. HMmm I am mad !!

Guest flightpro08

I installed DirectX 9.0 about a week after the Final Version came out and I've seen no difference in FS2k2 (as it's a DirectX 7.0 driven piece of software, I didn't expect any change.) Are you sure DirectX 9.0 is causing your problems? Have you made any other system changes lately?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

I went back to 8.1 as I got something that I certainly didn't need anymore of in fs2k2.....more blurries. Back to 8.1 and 29.42 with vid. tweaks. All is fine now.

I just installed DX9 yesterday and so far no difference in my system. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the ATI 9700 the ONLY card on the market that uses DirectX 9? It has special drivers especially for Dx9 which came out specifically for it. I have an ATI 9700, and the only difference at all to my system is that I can run the cool ATI dx9 demos.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest flightpro08

Yep, the ATI 9700 is the only video card out on the market now that is specifcally built to take advantage of DirectX 9.0. Though, the catch is that no software has been coded for DirectX 9.0 yet, and in order to take advantage of DirectX 9.0, you have to have a video card and a piece of software that are designed to do so. So far, we have half of the puzzle. ;-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Shane there is no reason to reformat. You can save yourself ALOT of time and trouble by getting the directx 9 uninstaller from guru3d.com . Just make sure you read the read me before doing anything because it's pretty important :) . I know it works because I used it :) . This is just simple batch script that removes all the directx files from your winnt dir and copies the orginal directx 7 from cd back to winnt dir. After this you will have to reinstall direct 8.1 but it does work and is perfectly safe . Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest flightpro08

Great idea Shane, I should have thought about that earlier.I've heard quite a few good things about the DirectX 9.0 uninstaller. While some intial users had trouble at first, it was because they weren't reading the ReadMe. :-lolRyan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Hi there shane!I know EXACTLY (no 'shouting' intended) where you are coming from!!!Do Not think of yourself as 'stupid'... if you were, you could not even have written your complaint - lol.I, too, had installed DirectX 8.1b*; however, I did not see much difference, so I said to myself, "what the heck -- change it back to 8.0 (per default FS2002/Pro install cd)"* by the way, I have a program that will REMOVE all traces of DirectX, from Dx 2.0 - 8.1 (build 0682) from your system... even if MS says that those annoying files can't be deleted!!!It will delete all registry / system core files, etc. It is easy to use. Even I managed to do it, without ruining my system - lol.I don't know if I can indicate other products in these forums, but, I will be happy to give you the URL/links & names of DirectX utilities.I was told that, even if DirectX is the issue with your game(s) software, whatever video card driver you use, that ver(#?) would have to support/comply with it DirectX. I have no idea on that one... guess I am stupid, too - lol.Anyway... my Biggest (!!) screw-up was updating video card drivers. "Update drivers... you will see the difference!", they said... yeah -- right! I Did see a difference... only Not better!So, after spending days, just re-installing default drivers, DirectX (the one that came with FS2002 install) & other programs, I have heeded to that aphorism: "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!"As for ruining FS2002... I had the same thoughts about other software: it's not worth "sacrificing" certain things, just to get the latest updates, revisions, etc. I would rather run FS2002 off-line, and be happy with it - lol.Good luck, and happy flying!Stanley. P.S. Please read my "FS 2002 - Display Problems" topic; perhaps you or anyone else can help me with that situation... thanks!

ChrisI have a couple questions about your perticular dilema there. I have run across the same problem. The other day I was flying a fictitious flight on a Hawaiian flight from Denver to Los Angeles in the excellent Meljet B777-200ER. It occured with the following contitions: 1) I am using the default 777 panel and 2) I am traveling through a layer of Cirrus clouds.I have noticed it more or less with the last versions of Pete Dawson's terrific module. However I did encounter the problem when POSKY's new 767 V3 came out. Again, I was using the default 777 panel. Well hopefully someone will figure it out.

Hi,I installed DX-9 and after running the 'twirling cubes' video accel tests in the DX setup, I found them to CRAWL in motion as compared to the same video test under DX7 and DX8.1It took me two seconds to dump DX9 and go back to DX8.1After doing that...my system performance and FPS came back to what I had been used to, prior to my gaining once more by flashing to the latest BIOS update for my BM6 MOBO.You don't need to reformat and install. If you email me, I'll attach the program you need to EVAPORATE DX9, lol. Then it's only a matter of running the DX7 or 8 setup again, and then rebooting the system.You could also do a search for DX-buster software. It's out there...and easy to findDas all, folks!Mitch

>Hi Everyone >>I am wondering how many of you installed directX 9 and now >wish you were back on 8.1? IMO 9.0 ruined my FS2002, >because, well, for one i've lost about 50fps or more in the >cessna ... heres the comparission results.. HIIt created a restore point before the installation of DX9 that allow you to unistall. :-)RegardsC.M.G.

In which directory of XP can i found directx8.1 to reinstall it??