Sign in to follow this  
Guest jroyle

AMD 8 monitor FSX experience

Jeff- couldn't find a way to PM you as requested- your profile is disabled. Send me a PM with your Email and I'll put together some info re FS synch and image alignment with multi mons. Not difficult and makes single mons look like tunnel vision!Alex Reid CYYJ

Guest malkymoo

Here is our current set up using XP 32. To stop screens moving around when touched, we have to run in windowed mode (not full view) this massively reduces the frame rate.

Guest malkymoo

I didn't post properly before, try this picture.

I'm impressed!! Do all panel screens (main/overhead/CDU) work as touch screens? How big an area is a touch spot?Only thing I can add is- look into the realism factor achievable with triple views- LFwd,Fwd,RFwd for the full 180

Guest malkymoo

Yes, all 4 panels work. The tricky bit is rotating knobs. We have ordered a radio box from flight illusion for this but nothing yet for the autopilot.The touch area is very good. The screens we have are Keytec NEC's but we are trialling some 22" Elo's next week.Because we are using these for Avionics training, there is little need for an outside view. For instance, on "flight" our students do is flying from Woodbourne in Blenheim across the ditch to Wellington using 2 NDB's then lining up on VOR/ILS to get down to WGTN airport. I don't care if they crash on landing as we aren't teaching pilots but if they can load frequencies, interpret data then action it they understand how the instruments work. Once they are on the workplace they will have a deeper level of knowledge of the system.

Jeff - PM sent as requested. (finally figured it out- duhhh. Getting slow in old age I guess.)Alex Reid

Guest kingairvols

Jeff and any others with help please.I am in the process of getting specs together for a local cp shop quote and one from Dell gamming as well. I want to make sure I am clear that in order to take advandage of DX10 that I need Vista 64 bit not 32 bit. If not a absolute must have to run Vista 64 Bit can it be thought of as buying into the curve as things progress in the FS world. Thank you.Mark.OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM GeForce 7800GS 256 MB w/ DDR3 running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a,GeForce FX 5200 128MB 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.