Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Quad Core 6600 & AffinityMask setting.

Anybody using Quad Core tried the tweak Jobscheduler/AffinityMask=N?Where I think n should=15 for Quad Core.This is supposed to make all cores work?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>Anybody using Quad Core tried the tweak>Jobscheduler/AffinityMask=N?Where I think n should=15 for Quad>Core.This is supposed to make all cores work?Thanks,RonIf your using SP2 with FSX you do not need the tweak.

Thanks,that is what I have.Love my Hanns-G 28" monitor.Maybe you recommended it to me.Ron

Actually, if not specified, affinity mask has defaulted to "use all available cores" in all variations of FSX to date - RTM, SP1, SP2. The AffinityMask setting is only needed to limit which cores are used.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Well,I added the entry and checked Task Mgr and it showed all cores doing the same(being used highly) except #1 was carrying a bigger load.Don't know if this was the case before I added entry.I am getting frame rates of 10+ in Chicago with settings set way high.Ron

>Thanks,that is what I have.Love my Hanns-G 28" monitor.Maybe>you recommended it to me.Ronlol yes Lith1um and I recommended the Hanns-G to you. Glad to hear you are enjoying it! ;)

The first core (Core0) does most of the heavy lifting, the other cores help with texture loading.

Bert

So,Do you think adding that entry makes a difference?Thanks,Ron

O don't know how anyone could go back to a smaller one after using this.Is there an adjustment to make the text printing darker?Mine is very light in the forums.Thanks,Ron

Ron,There is not an adjustment that can just make the text darker. If the monitor is calibrated (adjusted properly) you should have no issues. I use a professional monitor/printer profiler to adjust my displays. It's called an i1Photo and unfortunately it is very expensive. I would however recommend an i1Display 2, i1Display LT, or a Pantone Huey Pro for a resonably priced solution for calibrating your display.

No difference at all if setting it to 15.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

So gentlemen, I currently have a Core 2 Duo E6700, is there performance to be gained by installing a Quad Core Q6600?With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32My FSEconomy Grouphttp://www.freewebs.com/sasflying/index.htm

Chris,I up-graded from a E6700 to a Q6600 and could see a substantial increase in load times and the whole sim seemed to be run more smoothly...Your milage may vary.....Lou