Sign in to follow this  

Hi,Ok, I tried running WideFS and it connects to my other computer via a crossover cable and sees Flight Simulator 9. Now my problem is, how can I setup both of these computers to see each others files?.Thank for the help

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Well, I now have folders and files on the networked computer. So far I am able to run FS9 on one computer and run ActiveSky and Flightsim Commander on the other. I'm waiting on a new key for Radar Contact, once I have that I'll see if I can get it working as well.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

right click the folder you want to share and then select sharing. Follow the prompts. Or after right clicking, look over on the left and see sharing in the list of things to do with the folder.So Mike, why did you have to use the crossover cable? Weren't you on the network with your router?

Hi,I just wanted a dedicated line just for the network, without having to worry about interfering with the internet connection while running a flight. I want to thank everyone who responded to my request for help. It was a rather frustrating yet rewarding experience. Here is the final result, which is exactly what I was looking for.I am now able to run FS2004/FS9 on my main computer while running ActiveSky, FlightSim Commander, Radar Contact on a second computer via WideFS and ShowText.http://www.rmfc.us/photo/Network1.jpgMy Main FS2004/FS9 Computerhttp://www.rmfc.us/photo/Network2.jpgMy Second Computer, running ActiveSky, FlightSim Commander, Radar Contact via WideFS and ShowText.Thanks Again

Good job!!! Mike, can you explain for all the rest of us how those programs connected to the other computer? Did you have to enter in an IP address? How did those programs find and make connection with Fs?I think you had to purchase WideFs correct? And I am bit confused, you didnt use Wideview? Thats a different program than WideFS?Just a short tutorial if you can? I have the jest of it.Could you also return and comment on how this free'd up your main computer? If at all all? Has there beem an increase in FPS or any other noticeable performance?I assume that was one intended use putting those proggies on another computer?Thanks,Ruben

Hi Ruben,Well, lets see what I did. I hope I can explain this so its understandable.1. You need to have two computers networked. I did this by connecting both computers via a crossover cable.================================================Flight Sim Computer Ethernet Setup | COMPUTER #1================================================Internet Protocol TCP/IP------------------------IP Address: 192.168.0.40Subset Mask: 255.255.255.0Default Gateway: I left This BlankDNS Server Addresses: I left Both Blank_________________________________________________________Now go to My Computer, Control Panel, Network Connections1. Go to Advanced / Network Identification2. Computer Description = Flightsim3. Full Computer Name = System 14. Workgroup = MSHOME========================================================Flight Sim Add-ons Computer Ethernet Setup | COMPUTER #2========================================================Internet Protocol TCP/IP------------------------IP Address: 192.168.0.50Subset Mask: 255.255.255.0Default Gateway: I left This BlankDNS Server Addresses: I left Both Blank_________________________________________________________Now go to My Computer, Control Panel, Network Connections1. Go to Advanced / Network Identification2. Computer Description = Flightsim3. Full Computer Name = System 24. Workgroup = MSHOME===============================================================================Once this is done I checked both setups by pinging them to ensure a connection.On Computer #1, go to the Command Prompt and enter the following.ping 192.168.0.50You will see the followingPinging 192.168.0.50 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 192.168.0.50: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Reply from 192.168.0.50: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Reply from 192.168.0.50: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Reply from 192.168.0.50: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 192.168.0.50:Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 <0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms-----------------------------------------------------------------On Computer #2, go to the Command Prompt and enter the following.ping 192.168.0.40You will see the followingPinging 192.168.0.40 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 192.168.0.40: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Reply from 192.168.0.40: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Reply from 192.168.0.40: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Reply from 192.168.0.40: bytes=32 time,1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 192.168.0.40:Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 <0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0msThat Takes Care Of The Network====================================================Computer #1:------------1. Install your Flight SimulatorComputer #2:------------1. Install Activesky2. Install Radar Contact3. Install Flightsim Commander4. Install AdvDisp-------------------------------Place WideServer.dll and WideServer.ini in your Flight Simulator Modules directory.===================================================================================Back to the network-------------------Make sure you are sharing the following directories1. Flight Simulator DirectoryExample: C:Program Files Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 92. Flight simulator Application Data DirectoryExample: C:Documents And SettingsAdministratorApplication DataMicrosoftFS93. Flight simulators Saved Flights DirectoryExample: C:Documents And SettingsAdministratorMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files=====================================================================Startup1. Start Flight Simulator (Computer #1)2. Start WideClient (Computer #2)3. Start Show Text (Computer #2)4. Start Activesky (Computer #2)5. Start Flightsim Commander (Computer #2)6. Start Radar Contact (Computer #2)Place Flightsim Commander and Radar Contact On A Second Monitor. Then use FSUIPC's Key Combo to close Radar Contact's Display on your Flight Simulator display.You should now be up and running on both computers.

So just by starting the programs on the second computer, they automatically FIND Fs running on the first computer and recieve data? You dont have to do anything on the second computer other than start the programs?I imagine Wideserver is the key for making them communicate?

Guest tstewart

Mike another question, how would you set up Fsnav to run on second computer. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now, I just didn't know how.Thank-You,Ted

Ted,PMFJI.<>The short answer is, you can't. It resides inside FS9.The screenshot Mike posted is Flight Sim Commander, not FSNav. They just look similar.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather