Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Advice on some aspects of new system for fs9

Hi all,I am about to order a new custom built pc to run fs9 (have bought a vast number of addons so I don't want to move to FSX yet!) and I need advice on some aspects of my planned specifically with regard to the ability to run fs9.Graphics card: NVIDIA 8800GTX - is this a better option to the 8800GT and will it run fs9 well?RAID configuration: Is there any benefit to installing this?Physx Cards: Does anyone have any experience with these to improve performance, particularly in fs9?Thanks in advance for any advice,Bill

Check out the new E84/500 from intel. Very quick while easy on the wallet. NVidia never has been my favorite. Always been more for ATI my self. I've heard that the 3870 series leaves the 8800's. On tope of that, after tonight, ATI is cutting the price on the 3870 from 245 to 189. I'd really think about a 3870 and consider it over nvidia.Not being the smartest tech person in the world, but not the dumbest eathier, I believe Raid0 is set up between 2 identical HDD's to improve their performance. (2) 250GB drives in Raid0 should be fine.With something like that, you should be able to play around in FSX along with FS9.

Thanks for the advice - was wondering about ATI and might go down that pathway. Was planning RAID with 2 x 500GB drives which should be adequate then!