Sign in to follow this  

woe!!!!

i just made me a quick list of what id like to add to a custom system and went around and compared the prices for themOS: Pentium 4 2.4 or higherRAM: 512mb DDR 333mhzVideo: ATI Radeon 9700 ProHD: atleast a 60gb Ultra ATA/100 7200rpmCD/DVD drive: 32x/10x/40x CRDWCD-Rom drive 2: Artec 56x or Acer BenQ 56xSound: Sound blaster audigy 2Zip Drive: already have. :)in total id probably spend about $250.00 US not including PC Case and power supply which would probably bring it up to around $350.00 total. i get paid more then that in one check!!.. lol. i can have a new system within weeks!!. woooo!most of this stuff i can get for pennies!

Guest Macs

You are joking aint you? I mean,I would make an eduacated guess that the P IV 2.4 would be arround $200 at the cheapest,Ram add another $70+RegardsJohn Mc AvinueEINN/BAV 855Senior captainhttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600

ah see but your going to the vendors. wholesalers and ebay have these things really cheap :)i used to work in wholesale, things can get really cheap if you look in the right places, and you can buy extra to sell them and gain more cash :)'btw dont think ebay isnt a good place to shop. ive bought a few things from there so far. if you deal with the right people you can get NEW stuff for a very cheap price. and theres plenty of stuff there for a complete cpu

Guest abent

Cheap! I'll say! I'd question the source. All that stuff for under even $250.00 sounds to me likely below the manufacturer's cost to build it.What operating system will you run? You have the processor listed as the OS.Tell me where you are getting these prices please.Adam

er yeah i forgot to include it. windows XP pro if i can find it cheap. not buying the system from a manufacturer. im building it. :)prices at ebay.com the rest of the sources can be found from there aswell. they have plenty of links to wholesalersi cant believe nobody here knows about EBAY!.. where you guys from. mars?

Most of us do know about E-Bay. In fact, that's where I bought my adding machine. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest abent

I'm familiar with eBay. I just went there and see bids in the $210-$225 and $175-$200.00 ranges respectively for the ATI card and processor. Please post a link to these wholesalers. I don't see anything that takes me to a wholesaler with lower prices. I too will build a new system if I can find components for these low prices you quote - providing they're not hot.Thanks, Adam

Ealvarez, I don't want to burst your bubble, but stay far away from ebay because you obviously have no clue how ebay works.You can not determine a price by looking at an item that has still days left to be sold.You can't even look at the price of an item if it only has minutes left.The final price is what counts.You have to look at completed items, this will give you a good idea of how much it sells for on ebay.Like the VC http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/se...rty=MetaEndSortIt sells well around $300.00And if you do this with all the items you want to buy, you'll be back on earth and therefore back in reality.Also look closer when items sell well bellow the price of similar ones, this usually means that something is wrong.Remember? If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

actually like i said if your willing to wait then youll come out good. its about knowing when to stop bidding. i do know how ebay works otherwise why would i use it. same as the auction houses. been to a few of those.i never said the price will stay the same. but if you know when to stop bidding on an item then youll end up with a good thing.some people are happy with what they end up with. others like you probably arent happy with what they end up with. but the name of the game is knowing when to bid and when to stop. ALMOST like the stock market really.if you see the price getting anywhere near like what you can get at the stores then that should quickly tell you to stop bidding and go look for something thats lower. theres plenty out there. if you have to wait alittle longer to get something in your price range then try to hold out as long as you can.plenty of guides out there that show you how to bid at ANY auction whether its online or at an auction house.

>actually like i said if your willing to wait then youll come out >good. its about knowing when to stop bidding. If you want to stop bidding at a price for all the items you listed in your first post, you'll never get any of them, you will always be outbid no matter how long you wait. And yes, if you're willing to wait (for a couple of years), those P4 and those 9700pro will be real cheap.>some people are happy with what they end up with. others like you >probably arent happy with what they end up withI have bought many items on ebay, every part that went into my last computer that I build was bought on ebay.I have over 500 positive feedbacks, so I think I know hoe it works.Now, if you can show to me how anyone on ebay ever bought the parts that you want to buy for a total of $250 or even for $500, then you can keep on dreaming.

id love to get into a battle of the wits with ya but im not going to argue nor force anyone to buy on ebay. id recommend it but its up to them to take the advice. they have a mind, they can make the final decision. as for me ive liked buying on ebay so far. we'll see how long it takes me to get all the parts then ILL be the judge on whether it was worth it or not.btw when i bought my virtual pilot pro and pro pedals the original item i started bidding at ended at about $300. i backed out at about 60 and found another one. so i saved just about $200 by waiting and not jumping too fast. took me a week to find the right bid but thats what im talking about. works for some people. has worked for me so far.yeah ive missed out on a few items because i jumped out but something else always comes along.you cant leap at anything that comes at yatheres people who make a living just by selling on ebay, so its always restocked with stuff you want