Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

Nvidia 174.12 BETA Drivers.....

Guest Gizmo

>Why ? As DX10 may give you a performance boost, and>improves on lightning (HDR), there is no reason not to use>it.>The only problems I see : >- older (FS9 style) plane addons (which I don't use much>anyway)>- Z buffer errors, which are supposedly driver related > (I opened another thread for this : do ATI owners have the>same issues with DX10 preview ? But no one wants to answer>this simple question.)>>I am sure in 2 years time, when 3rd parties have picked up,>most people will be using DX10 preview.>>just my 2 cents, JanNick already answered this question for you on this first page of this thread(others have also covered it in various DX10 posts here at AVsim)Basically ATI's DX10 hardware/drivers just dont suffer from the same faults that have plauged Nv hardware/drivers in the past 5 month snice FSX was code locked....Its pretty lame that Nvidia havent even bothered to attempt to address even one of the problems there drivers have with FSX under DX10 infact things only seemed to get worse (post 169.25 every driver ive tryed has broken vsync with FSX)Crysis and UT3 on the other hand have had numerus fixes and tweaks some even pushed out within days of ther faultys being picked up by online reviewers,ithink Aces need to add a benchmark mode to FSX11 as it seem that Nv only care about fixing problems with tiltes used in mainstream reviews.......time to go back to ATI i thinkAny chance Avsim could do a Side by side ATI/Nv DX10 image comparisonartical? maybe some bad press might get them into gear fixing these problems and make things clearer for ppl thinking of jumping to ATI

Guest Nick_N

Let me rephraseOLDER ATI cards show SOME of the issues but not like Nv coresThe X2 card I tested for a month and a half showed NONE and the newer Nv cards STILL show them.. Nv is more interested in Crysis and breaking anything in its path OhCH I feel one coming LOLhope that clarifiesDX10 is a preview for FSX and in my opinion is not enough of an upgrade that is really worth switching to VISTA just for that.FS11 I am sure will be different. With Phil Taylor heading up the program core from the start.. you can bet you arse it will be different. With his professional backgroud and with the community interaction I am sure it will be designed out of the gate in the right direction.I think Phil did a super job with FSX considering what he had to work with when he came on board. I would never go back to FS9 now where with RTM I was seriously considering it.

Guest Gizmo

Thanks for the claification Nick I think im going to be dumping my 8800gts 640mb for a 3870x2 within the next week or 2Im really sick of Nv's over all poor vista X64 driver support (not just for FSX)Sure theres a lot of leaked beta drivers but the quality of these is pretty low and even there WHQL drivers(few and far between)are still pretty shoddyIts a pitty Nv havent raised there game on the driver front to match ATI's monthly cycle,im know ATI also have there far share of driver problems,but as FSX is my main time waster atm i think there the better option for my rig As for DX10 fsx being a joke....well they sure didnt deliver what they eluded to but on the whole they turn around a few features that where far to heavy to use under DX9 and allowed them to be used at pretty much zero impact under dx10 thats win win for me,its been no diffrent for any other title sofar under DX10 be it bio shock,lost planet,crysis,GOW a few more features for the same FSP but nothing stellar,the only thing that stops me using DX10 FSX atm is Nv's poor driver supportCheersGizmo

Hi Nick,I have tried several times to download the 32bit XP file, and every time it is a tiny zip file, and when I try to open it, it says the"file is invalid or corrupted."Is this file available at another location?Thanks again,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest Nick_N

StrangeI just downloaded it hwere and it worked fineIt could be server disconnects.. they are getting popular and the bandwitdth is getting used updo you have a download manager? That usually helps but do try it again because I did it here without a D/L manager and it unzipped fineEDIT:... OK tried it again and I got a short D/L that stopped.. then again and it connected and D/L fineso try a few times... once it locks onto it, it should D/L fine. I do not have another source because that is the person who modified them for 8000 core installs

Guest Nick_N

Light bloom is worthless to me except for rare occasions when I may use it for a screenshot and even then I rotate the camera right so only just enough bloom shows.. its TOO MUCH and should have had a SLIDER to adjust the amount of bloom it throws. Airport lights are rediculous with bloom enabled and non-adjustable. SP2 made it even LARGER.. sorry, won't go there so that feature does nothing for me and not worth DX10Waves? hmmmmm nice touch but still not worth the headachesHDR... OK, can go with that but even so, as far as I am concered the difference is still not enough to justify the overbloadted OS that needs at least another service pack before I will trust it to run my software and perform.I pop between of 34-58 frames now with everything but traffic maxed... what do I need that headache for?So, until FS11 or such time as they REALLY fix Vista.. I am on XP x64As a side note.. I sometimes meet up with one of the heads for Vista Server development at a little pub down in Kirkland, WA on Friday nights.. you should hear his stories... After a few snorts the truth comes out,... he would love to see the OS CANNED LOL!!! It needs another dev cycle and I really hope this time the quite screwing around and get it right. Listening to Intel and dev'ing for IA64 was their first mistake... well after Vista gets released Intel announces is going to practially the same A64 platform as AMD and MS got stuck holding the dev bag on that one. suckered by Intel to keep AMD down is more like it but I wont get into that one here eitherOuCH!!!!!!!!!anybody have a paddle??? I heading up $hit's creek here and need one bad

Okay, thanks Nick. How do you keep up with all of the forums and respond so quickly? Nick, if you have a chance some time, please email me and I will tell you a great story that includes Bruce Artwick and Steve Halpern at one of the first Flight Simulator conferences at Cornell University, m a n y years ago ;-)Again, thank you for all the help, and my email is: howieb60137@yahoo.com.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

>Hi Nick,>I have tried several times to download the 32bit XP file, and>every time it is a tiny zip file, and when I try to open it,>it says the>"file is invalid or corrupted.">>Is this file available at another location?>Thanks again,>Howard I just D/L'd the XP-32 file...all 72.8MB's (YIKES!) of it, with no problems. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Nick_N

Email with REG file sent.. I am retired and using some of my slack time to support the GEXn release I worked on. I

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

NickTHANKS! I go thte drivers and followed your detailed nhancer instructions and my sim is running better then ever I even turned some things up!Thanks

Guest sanal

Nick, Once you did help me to install nHancer to my PC. I recently got Dell XPS 420 Q6600 8800 GT Graphic cart. Since last week I am trying install nHancer back to my new PC. No luck.. I searched forums, guidance and I tried most of them ,some reason it is not happening.Please see my latest NHancer file format.Will you please advise, what am I doing wrong. One strange thing is happening every time when I install/reinstall Nhancer, same check marks are appearing. I am nor getting clean install of nHancer file??You will see in left side there are changes I made in games profile. Even I deleted all the NHancer files, in new install they are coming back.ThanksSanal

Guest ziporama

I tried the beta drivers last night and saw some improvement in DX9 performance as well as DX10 - in that I saw almost no flashing textures at my test airport KASE. The lights are still a problem in DX10, although beacons and strobes seem to work better (now visible from nearly 360). Nav lights are still a problem.What's doing me in is that any driver starting with the November WHQL release (169.x) breaks an OpenGL title I use. This driver business is as maddening as it is sad. The two vendors involved are seemingly keeping this under the public radar and not acknowledging there is an issue nor committing to a fix. A simple "working on it" would do, and preferably not an answer that says "you need to purchase a new card" or "we'll fix it in the next version you'll have to purchase". Arguably, that is a safe and comfortable position for a vendor even if it amounts to poor customer service. You can always say there are too many titles to fix, we'd never get it done. That's probably true, but when you see the amount of effort spent to get a select few (example Crysis) to work (as posted above) and that particular title is mentioned in nearly every driver release notes in the last three months, you'd wish the same fervor was applied to FSX. Yes, DX10 is a preview, but hey, when I release my software to my customers, they expect the features in the box to work, all of them. It's far better not to release a feature that's partially working as at least, there are no expectations set. Off my soap box.On the topic of Vista x64, it just rocks on my box, especially now that SP1 is out and that hardware drivers (except as noted above) are finally getting their act together. It took me a bit of time to get adjusted to it, but once I got through the security setup by getting the resource kit to edit system policies and tone down Fort Knox, it's in many ways better in my view from a UI and general use standpoint. My favorite feature is the hibernation mode that has me go from the PC powered-off to the login box in exactly 3 seconds by double-clicking any mouse button (requires hardware support). FSX SP2 works very well in DX9 mode for me.Etienne

>Nick,>> Once you did help me to install nHancer to my PC. I recently>got Dell XPS 420 Q6600 8800 GT Graphic cart. Since last week I>am trying install nHancer back to my new PC. No luck.. I>searched forums, guidance and I tried most of them ,some>reason it is not happening.>>Please see my latest NHancer file format.>>Will you please advise, what am I doing wrong. One strange>thing is happening every time when I install/reinstall>Nhancer, same check marks are appearing. I am nor getting>clean install of nHancer file??>You will see in left side there are changes I made in games>profile. Even I deleted all the NHancer files, in new install>they are coming back.>Thanks>Sanal>>THURN VERTICAL SYNC TO OFF AND REINSTAL ALL DRIVERS (WITH DRIVER CLEANER) AND THEN INSTALL ENHANCER AGAINTHURN VERTICAL SYNC TO OFF IF IT IS ON

Installed them and they 'broke' my video overclock. Went back to the 38's.Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.38 beta o/c 702/1623/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Nick_N

Known issue with newer driversWant some advice? Forget Ntune or RivaTuner for adjusting clocks.. Use RT for fan control ONLY and use, believe it or not,... ATI TOOL for adjusting the clocks... works like a charm here