Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

New PC - Would appreciate some good advice.

I have decided to buy an additional PC and have been quoted for the following:AMD PHENOM 9600 SKT AM2+ 2.30Ghz Black Edition ProcessorMBASU-M3A Asus MotherboardPatriot 2 x 1Gb matched pair - PC2-8500 DDR2-1066 EXTRM RAMJust wanted to get some feed back on this, and if there are any better options for any of the above, for this PC which will be used exclusively for FS.Very grateful for any comments.Thanks in advance.

Hi,There are some details missing. What is your video card and operating system? Those can also make a difference.So far, you are all right, but I recommend Intel's Quad Core Q6600. It has a wonderful price/performance ratio. 2 GB of RAM is good if you are using a 32-bit OS, especially DDR2-1066. If you really want advice, check out the link in my sig.Regards,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

I already have bought an Nvidia 8800GT which has not yet been unpacked.OS for the moment will continue to be XP with SP3. Quad 6600 priceshere in the UK are in the region of 400 & 375 GBPounds ($750-$800).Since I posted I've read some reviews on the Phenom Black Editionand they are not at all bad. Cannot understand why there is suchprice difference between 2 Quad processors running @ 2.4Ghz.Thanks for the advice and link which were very useful.Regards