Is anyone flying FSX with an Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT card? If so, what kind of results are you getting with it? My Radeon 9800 XT bit the dust. It was handling FSX pretty well. The only card I can find that will plug into its place around here is the 7300 GT with 512 mb and I don't know what to expect from it performance-wise.Can someone tell me?Thanks.Dewey

I had the 7300 GT card and FSX ran like crap! I couldn't get above single digit fps anywhere. I replaced it with a 8800 and I now get great fps everywhere.

I know it's not the same card, but close. I'm running a GS7300GS and find it very usable. Frame rates from mid teens to 30's. Lock at 25.

Guest Baywing

I had a Dell stock 7300LE and FSX ran like, well, it didn't unless I set everything to the minimums. What I have found out so far....I replaced the 7300LE with a 8600GT (and had to replace the PSU to do that) and found I got a gain, but not as much as I had hoped. I already had 4gbs of RAM, so I started asking questions. Most of what I have found is that FSX is more CPU intensive than GPU. I replaced my Athlon 64X2 3800+ with a 5600+ last night and now, with the 8600GT, I'm running well at nearly full settings. I have Dell E521, which means there isn't much room for a video card without big mods to the OEM cooling fan shroud and some heat sink mods. The XFX 8600GT fit in the space allowed with no mods. Don't know where you're at, but in the USA I've had great luck with Newegg, they have great prices and I've always had my order the day after it's placed. They have photos of the cards so you can see the layout. Assuming you have a PCI-e slot, there are many better options than the 7300 series. Look at different makers, XFX's 8600GT is built different than other folks, their's fits my machine. I've seen the same with ATI cards, different maker, different config.

According to the video card hierarchy list, the 7300GT is slightly better than the 9800XT if it has GDDR3 memory.ArtNow flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium

Art