Sign in to follow this  

GeForce FX spec's from gamespot

I have yet to see a real comparison between the cards using 4xAA & 16xAF at high resolutions. Until I do, I won't know any more about the new GFFX then I did two months ago. One would think we'll be seeing some true testing soon if that card is going to be available in less than a month???

yeah i would really like to see some specs compared using FS instead of those other games which some of us dont play. FS is a popular sim. why didnt they use it in the tests?

They don't use it because it won't give them the statistics needed by the marketing gurus to hype the card. What they would get with FS200x are a series of incremental numbers for the GF2, GF3, GF4, and GF FX that would show improvement but not the "rules" type of numbers needed to sell the card to the 1st-person shooters who make up the marketplace for the high-end cards. Here's the telling part of the article: "Since graphics cards over $300 constitute only 8 percent of the retail market, there's no doubt that what's important is to get cheaper, if slower, versions of the GeForce FX card out sooner rather than later." Somehow methinks the "cheaper, if slower version" is going to be the MX equivalent of the GF4 - something with a performance curve that looks like the Ti4200 :-) .Doug Edited 'cause I can't spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I tend to agree with you, Doug. I was waiting for the FX Video Card but decided that, rather than wait until the new FX cards come out and pay the high prices for the latest chip, I would go ahead and replace my present original(not TI)version GF3 card with the latest GF4-TI4800-128mb-8X AGP. The TI4800 card is replacing the TI4600 card but is a lot cheaper. I just ordered mine for $220. I figure this should last me until at least the new FS comes out and all of the new GeForce cards get sorted out and prices come down to a reasonable level.Pete S