Sign in to follow this  
BobP

PIC 767 is still finest commercial jet available....

I purchased the FS2002 version of PIC almost two years ago. I also own most commercial jets available both as free and pay ware.I my opinion, the PIC 767 is STILL the most complete, accurate and consistent commercial jet simulator available. From frame rates to instrument smoothness to malfunctions to an FMC complete enough to use the Bulfer and Gifford FMC User

Guest wkzzo

Without a doubt, its still one of the only aircraft I can use real world boeing manuals and fly by the numbers and expect it to work as advertised. The flight director alone is worth the price of admision.

I flew it for the first time in months last weekend and was again surprised how great it still is - despite all the other advancements that have been made recently. It is soooo smooth and just the right compromise of realism and FS practicality. It's really a shame there is no VC to complement it - even one with nonfunctional gauges. I know those hardcore IFR/heavy metal fans without TrackIR will disagree but that would really make it for me. A GMax model would really bring it up to date. I'm still not clever enough to try the POSKY merge.:-)David

I really recommend the Iron Knuckles DC-9 as well. It makes a very good companion to the PIC 767, contrasting the pre-computer era with the 767 which, along with the 757, was in the first generation of glass cockpit jetliners.The fidelity is wonderful - you can fly it with the actual operating manuals and speed cards from real world airlines - and you get a real sense of accomplishment when you fly a complex STAR by hand and put the plane down where it's supposed to go. The plane is also rock steady and a dream to fly and with text-o-matic, you can add liveries at will (something I wish that Phoenix would do), and Flight 1's support is excellent. So, those are my votes.

The POSKY merge is a piece of cake. Don't be intimadated by the page of instructions. Instead of grimacing, you will love hitting the "s" key.

Guest sidewinder

767 PIC is still the best I havent seen one addon as good as 767 PIC. I doubt A320 PIC will take 767 PICs place. I wonder what the 767 PIC teams next project is? I want to see a 747-400 with that kind of quality.

I couldn't agree more Bob. The autopilot alone makes it worth the investment. Nothing else is even in the same league. I, too, own them all, and the 767PIC is the only one left on the HDD that's used regularly.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest crashing_pilot

i so so agree with this...i own em all....but i only fly one.....if you've seen it handling a stiff crosswind,you know why...this cd should be goldplated.....fs2k2 is going to be on my system for a long loooong time...........

Guest Jaaky

yeah when the old Mad Dog got outdated I switched to 767 PIC and haven't found anything better to fly yet.But i do hope that the team works on a shorter range plane with the same quality (737?). I find that the ideal cruise time for a flight simulator session is between 1-2 hrs.

Guest flightpro08

Not to sound like a broken record, but I totally agre with what is being said here.PIC767 is by far the best panel available for MSFS. From the various gauge/carrier options to the FMC, the PIC767 is about as real as you can get to flying the real thing. Coupled with POSKY's 762 and 763 GMAX models, there's no better overall aircraft package for MSFS.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Can't agree more !!! PIC767 is by far the best add-on for FS. Don't know how many hours have I spent with this marvelous a/c. (I certainly have tried almost all others ... but always return to PIC)...GMora

I wrote a small Posky/PIC Merge "How Too" if you are interested. It is very simple to follow and in fact the reason I made it was that the Readme for the original file is a little hard to figure out for some. Here's the link : http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID33 I also have the only working VFR panel with Landing Lights and rain effects showing from the panel. Here is a list of things: This setup features:Viewable landing lights in the landing viewRain/Snow effects in the landing viewConsistency with the default PIC panelEasy switching between viewsSticking of the landing viewNicely integrated taxi light switch placement777 Audio Gauge on the pedistalOne button (programmable controllers only) toggle between the viewsEasy installation and removal without risk of reinstalling PICBest Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@sbcglobal.net" A little learning is a dangerous thing"

Hi!Is your VFR view available for downloading? Looks great!!BobP :)

This has been my offering to the 767 PIC legacy... panel and sound updates soon.Best Regards,Phil Geddes

Guest Marvel

maybe the sim software workshop Airbus A310 will be the next legent, www.simsoftworkshop.com