Sign in to follow this  
BobP

PIC 767 is still finest commercial jet available....

The only drawback with PIC767 is the poor sound. The gear down wind noise sounds like a broken record but unfortunately that sound is built in to the gauge.

"The gear down wind noise sounds like a broken record "That is SO true. I have complained about that "broken record" noise in the past but it fell on deaf ears (no pun intended).Actually, you can do something about this annoyance by editing the gauge file - you process the entire file as if it were a sound file and just trim/edit/reprocess the sound for the gear down. It is not easy to do because it is an imbedded wav file within the data and you could mess things up, but it is correctable.See ya,Kathy.Born to Fly.My Dad, Me, My Son.____________________http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e26e1091e4b0d96.jpg

and i have to agree with all of you guys .... Henry. CYXT

Hello BobCan you tell me what exactly this program is you are referring to and where you got it? Do you know if it is still available?Thanks

I can't believe I never bought this plane. I have almost every other one. I never have bought it beacause I like instant gratification when it comes to planes (read: downloadable). I guess I will have to buy it and wait.-------------Michael

Hi!The publisher is Wilco. Follow the link to products. http://www.wilcopub.com/intro.htm and look for 767 Pilot In Command (PIC). Also check out the forum 767 Pilot in Command Forum here at AVSIM.It is not available for download and can be ordered direct from Wilco or a reseller such as AVSIM. I am not sure who has it in stock.Have fun!BobP :)

they would release it via download. It's probably relatively small compared to more recent products. You'll love PIC767 - then get a couple extra monitors and love it even more!David

Thanks for your reply Bob............I feel a little silly now because I just obtained a copy of that program from a friend but havn't had a chance to install it. I didn't realize what the PIC meant.daaaaaaaaaaaa Anyways, any recommendations about setting PIC up for FS 2002?Richard (Vancouver Island)

>Wonder if we will >see a better commercial jet in 2003? >Maybe not a jet but Piper Meridian looks like it will take PIC's place in terms of the new overall standard.I also love the PIC but I believe it will start showing its age within a few months. First it is just the panel graphics. They are not too great. I have been using the Fresnel lens with FLY!2k and it does wonders to realism but the PIC panel is simply of too poor quality to get magnified. I was not too happy when I discovered that. And then there is this thing about the instrument smoothness. True, PIC767 is remarkably well behaved add-on even on lesser machines but I have seen what Reality-XP has in store in terms of smooth gauges and I am afraid even the PIC will no longer be good enough. But we will know for sure in about a month .....Michael J.

Guest sidewinder

Yes I agree, PIC is out dated in terms of looks, but What about the realistic systems modelling, accurate FMC, air file...PIC is nearly 2 years old and no designer has still made a simulator for fs with this kind of realism and functionality.

to hark back to the horrible gear wind sound would it not be possible to isolate the wav file being used and remove it, or am i missing something?..............alan d kerr

Hi Michael,"Maybe not a jet but Piper Meridian looks like it will take PIC's place in terms of the new overall standard."I hope so. My opine was motivated by the thought that it is time to see the next level. Of course, it would not be a classic if it held the title for a few months vice years. :)Besides, when a new leader emerges and Eric and team start hearing that PIC is now "outdated" and "old news" they will (fingers crossed) kick out another wonderful airplane just to show us they can. Yum!BobP :)

"Hello BobCan you tell me what exactly this program is you are referring to and where you got it? Do you know if it is still available?Thanks"Hi!Please visit the 767 PIC Forum here at AVSIM. I think I can safely state that there is no question relative to PIC that cannot be answered there! :)Have Fun!!!BobP :)

Yoah back to ya Bob. Well, I'm inside where it is warm - I DO NOT LIKE preflights in 0 degree weather so when ole man winter comes with his bag of turbulence I gound my self and fly the PC. I purchased the Seneca from FSD and the Cardinal from DreamFleet - both are a fun treat. I did have a good time this summer getting some stick time in a Hughes chopper - It was actually more fun than I thought it would be (I might have to change my mind about rotor heads) :-rotor I will most likely get some more this spring as well. See ya,Kathy.Born to Fly.My Dad, Me, My Son.____________________http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e26e1091e4b0d96.jpg