Sign in to follow this  
BobP

PIC 767 is still finest commercial jet available....

>> "maybe the sim software workshop Airbus A310 will be the next legend.."Maybe, indeed, maybe....Have to see it before I believe it.Uptil now 767PIC is proven technology.I've seen to many promises in regard to new aircraft "that certainly would beat 767PIC", but I still have to see one succeed.In regard to the FMC, fps & failure systems 767PIC is still at the top. Combined with POSKY it even has a close-to-perfect FM.(yes, I have someone close who flies a 767 in real life)A few come really close:RFP747 Classic (get it!) and a few recent PSS a/c.Captain Sim tried, but forced himself to early-release a bug-loaded a/c, which is s shame as it has/had potential. Let's see what the next patch will do.DF737 IMHO fails due to the FMC. If they integrated it as 767 did, it would've been great.No my friends, PIC is still awaiting it's real challenger.Too bad the programmer gave up on it.I really don't get that when you look at the success it has.With a few (graphic/sound) updates it could last for another few years and happily fly into FS2004.G.

I also love PIC, and have had it since FS2000 days.I know this is eye candy, but a week ago I was stranded on a taxiway at LAX in an America West B757-200. (We spent 2 hours at LAX in a penalty box, then 2 hours at PHX before a gate was available- fog in Phoenix I believe). Anyway- it was night time and the cockpit door was open- the night lights on the real panel are really something to see, talk about a beautiful sight. I'd love to see a graphics update to PIC to allow these effects to be displayed. Those lights on the various switches (overhead and on the MCP and console) really glowed!Bruce.KBJC, Jeffco, CO.

Looks very good.......are all those switches functional?

A very pretty woman who flys AND likes PIC? What more could a man want?Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"