Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Very recent An-2 Download

Hi all,Just wondering if anyone has d'loaded the above & gotten a bit frustrated with the documentation? Very interesting bird but sometimes unstartable and when airborn, I lose rpms and eventually find myself looking for cowpastures.Look forward to your comments.John

Guest Bill Kunert

I've had the same problem. I printed out the 6 page English documentation and now starting is easy but I get the misfiring after about 10 minutes of flight and can't figure out why. Beautiful model though.Bill

Hi,Yes, beautiful model indeed.... but I couldn

Edmundo Azevedo

Watch that cylinder head temperature guys! My guess is that you are cooking the motor.Throttle back after takeoff and climb gently. Remember to keep those cowl flaps fully open (you can see them above the 2D panel.Have fun.

John

...This is a stunning creation....great fun...very immersive. ...Had her up for a short jaunt deep in Papua New Gunea just now. I was totally impressed, and plan to spend many more happy hours flying this An-2....I found a few things to keep an eye on.......Yep...don't cook the cylinder heads....but you can overcool them, too. Get to know the plane and discover how throttle and cowl-flap settings can quickly send temperatures soaring or plunging. ...plan your descents. A quick drop from altitude with the throttle backed clean off can cause trouble from shock cooling...Also...find out your fuel/air mix temperature. There's a gauge for it (no.14 in the English guide panel illustration..)...The green knob is Carb Heat...important even in the tropics if your fly high enough. (Papua New Guinea at 10,000 can do it on some days...humid...cold up there...)...And...oil temperature is critical...the engine oil does a lion's share of engine cooling...especially in air-cooled engines....Panel illustration shows No.16 multi-gauge as monitoring oil temp among other things....Gauge no.29 shows the oil cooler flap position, Switch no.44 is the cooling flap actuator. It's spring loaded...hold it up (+) to open the flap...the gauge 29 will show the position as the flap slowly moves....If any of those three elements exceed reasonable limits...she will begin to run rough...and eventually expire....I had her cruising at 10,000 over PNG...cowl flaps shut, oil cooler full open, carb heat full, throttle at about 65%...all temps at about 65% too. Interesting harmony. (Learned after two forced landings..!!)...Fuel mix appears to be automatic for this bird...but I did notice a manual override for that control.("In case of emergency.....", it says in the docs....) I think it will take a bit to really get to know this plane.....Most interesting model....the control systems alone place her up there with models like the Boeing Clipper as far as keeping you busy with ops and monitoring. The visual rendering is superb, the VC is excellent and totally immersive, the flight model is believiable at first try, and the 2D panel is a funtional masterpeice....The truly amazing part is that this plane is totally free..!! My hat is off to creator Anton Nikolaev, this is a perfect moment for me to extend my compliments and thanks to him for sharing this beautiful aircraft with us all...!!

This bird is indeed impressive, now if we can just find some compassionate soul who

I give in...whats the file name please ? Having been lucky enough to have a trip in a real AN-2 aircraft, I'm very interested in seeing this creation.For those interested, it is the largest aircraft you can fly on PPL in the UK and there is one often casting giant shadows in the UK. For those who may think..largest aircraft, for a single, this is a giant !George

What is the link where everyone is finding the AN 2. I ran a search but was not able to come up with it.Thanks Chuck

Chuck,Go to Avsim's File library.Hit the 14 January 2003 link.Scroll down.Cheers,

John