Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

New Thoroughbred-B running nicely@2.36=XP3060

Guest PaulL01

Just to pass along to those who where following this...These new Thoroughbred-b's are very good, it is the luck of the draw but this chip is performing every bit as good as has been talked about.This one is a XP2600-D(333fsb) and I would be very very happy if it were not for the fact that this MB (Epox 8k3a) just doesnt handle the 166-FSB well, it was never really ment to either as it was a last ditch effort that made it before the product launch, so for a year old design I cant complain. But the fact is the Corsair-XMS3200CL2 is just a waist on this board.Even Corsair who used this board to demonstrate the XMS3200 say to up the Vdimm to 2.8, but it really has to have 2.9 to run 100% stable and even then you are stuck running some very low FSB, 175 is all I can do right now at CL2.Anyhow, since the fsb is stuck I decided to change the multiplier as stock it is 12.5 with all of the lower multipliers available, so I thought 13.5 would be good.so I followed the Tbred-b bridge guide and had to connect L3-#2 then cut L3-#3&5Popped it back in and the system is benching right up close to the P4-3Ghz! all it needs is the NforceII board for better memory bandwidth, but I will pass for now. :)Now, for a little 24hr burn-in...and a cold one! :)http://www.frontiernet.net/~pleatzaw/images/XP2600@2360.jpg

Hi,I've got the same mobo. For your problem with the bus clock, try the latest bios from epox. Well, I do not overclock any CPU. They get too hot and I cannot sell a edited CPU anymore. I am happy with the XP2400, cause I dont wanna buy new RAM all the way to get any use out of the 333MHz CPU-DDR clock. And the XP2400 is realy stable with our mobo indeed.Well, I didnt know it is doable to overclock a XP2600 or XP2700 Thoroughbred-b without distroying it!CiaoTorben.

Guest PaulL01

Hi Torben,>I've got the same mobo. For your problem with the bus clock, >try the latest bios from epox. Thanks, I am using thier latest 2b01 BIOS.The problem really seems to be the way the voltage is controlled for the memory, I had this board up to 187fsb with old XMS3000 on stock voltage (2.6Vdimm)but that was running a 266fsb chip. Well, I do not overclock any >CPU. They get too hot and I cannot sell a edited CPU >anymore. The neat thing about these new Tbreds have an extra layer and it allows a much better O/C than the last version and with the latest BIOS you didn't have to do a thing to unlock all the multipliers below stock (so you can run higher bus) but as I said since running 333fsb the vdimm is out of sight and will limit how high the fsb can go on this board, hence my unlocking for the higher than stock multiplier.I am happy with the XP2400, cause I dont wanna buy >new RAM all the way to get any use out of the 333MHz CPU-DDR >clock. And the XP2400 is realy stable with our mobo indeed. XP2400 are not available as 333fsb. :(>Well, I didnt know it is doable to overclock a XP2600 or >XP2700 Thoroughbred-b without distroying it! Xp2400 also O/C very well and stay much cooler than previous versions.