Sign in to follow this  
Guest 247

Can i have a min of your time please.

Guest 247

Hello everyone, hope your well. Just wondering if you can have a look at this laptop for me and decide if its good for fs9, if not can you please show me one for

I don't know Jordan. It's got integrated graphics and sound combined with Vista. Not a good combination, usually. You really want a laptop with independent graphics and sound cards for the best performance. At least the integrated graphics is an ATI Radeon chipset and not an Intel chipset (bad). The on-board sound card still is a negative.Everyone I've talked to has had trouble running games or simulations with the integrated graphics and sound setup, although I'm not sure about the on-board ATI Radeon setup. It might serve your needs. You know that even FS9 can be a system hog.Kim

Guest 247

Ah i see where your coming from Kim, how hard is it to change a graphics card on a laptop? my PC at the moment is old and creaky so i need to upgrade and i thought a laptop would be highly convenient.

If the graphics is built onto the motherboard, forget about any changes, your stuck with what you bought. I do know that AMD bought ATI for the purpose of integrating the GPU onto the motherboard for speed, so this may be a what's on this laptop. Forget about any Intel integrated graphics for sure, Vista will choke it.The integrated sound has had some difficulties with sound acceleration and sometimes there is no fix, even after trying to adjust the sound acceleration in Direct X.It would be nice if someone has tried out this new ATI integrated motherboard combo to see how well it works. I haven't read any reviews about it yet. But price point is always a consideration if you can't afford more horsepower. If only you could try before you buy.Kim

Guest 247

Yea that would be a good idea i think, although if you had to do it in the shop with other people about my language may offend someone when i get a CTD just before landing after a long flight. How much money will i have to spend to get a reasonable laptop, would it be worth buying one from the states with the current exchange rate ?

Jordan, with laptops, the more you spend, bigger displays, faster CPU's, etc., the more you get. Laptops tend to be more money than desktop units as well. However, I am partial to the Hewlett Packard 9000 series, but if you want a bigger display, faster CPU and added memory, the price will go WAY up.I've got an HP 9000 series with a 19 inch screen and an Nvidia 7600 Go graphics card, but it doesn't run FS9 as well as my Dell desktop with an Nvidia 7950GT card. Both of my computers are several years old and I'm really waiting for Windows 7 to come out before I buy a new computer (I don't like Vista and I need to save up the money for now anyway).On top of that, the laptop gets really HOT when running FS9 or other computer games. Why do you want a laptop anyway? You can get a lot more horsepower in a desktop than in a laptop for the same amount of money.Kim

Guest LeeWang

disregard... TypoLee

Guest 247

I'm not sure i really am completely torn between a laptop or a desktop, i saw a desktop that would run fs9 like a dream. But a laptop is so much more convenient and i can take it with me on my travels, I'm really stuck to be honest.

Guest 247

Forget what i just posted.

Guest ugotkevin

This may be old news but I had a similarly spected Toshiba laptop and it ran fs9 great.

Guest 247

Could you say what specs you have, and do you have the sliders to max and what fps do you get, sorry for the questions.