Sign in to follow this  
terrypin

Novice - joystick recommendation?

Hi,Just installed FSX, a birthday present from my son a couple of months ago, which had to await installation of my new PC (Quad Core 2.66 Ghz 4GB). I expect my main activity will be exploring UK scenery in connection with my walking and mapping interests. But who knows, I suspect I'll later get absorbed in the flying aspects too. (A few minutes in a straight line in the micro-thingie after somehow becoming airborne from Redhill Airport was more exciting than I expected !)Anyway, I have no joystick (never been into gaming). An hour's googling left me bewildered by the choice, so I'd appreciate recommendations please. Something basic and easy to use. On the heavy side as I expect to have to use it with my left-hand, possibly rather clumsily, because my mouse is on the right.BTW, I've just installed the WalkandFollow FSX add-on from DBS (bought from http://secure.simmarket.com/default.php), although I have yet to use it. And I'm awaiting delivery of the order I placed with Horizon for the new England and Wales scenery bundle. If anyone else here has these, for similar purposes (planning and reviewing walks, and generally exploring the UK), then I'm keen to know please. From a standing start I reckon I'll need a fair bit of help ;) -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I have the Saitek ST290 PRO which is similiar to the EVO and love it as well. Hurry and get a joystick it will totaly change your experience in the sim and you will wonder how you ever flew with the keyboard. Mine was around 25 or 30 dollars.

Jim Wenham

Guest ugotkevin

I also use the Saitek ST290 PRO and it's been working great. Probably one of the cheapest out there. Just make sure you get a 3D joystick where the stick will twist.

i recently upgraded to a saitek flight yoke from a simple two axis plus throttle joystick. I really enjoy the greater flexibility and immersion the yoke gives me. the downside is that it takes up more of my desk space. I've had to push my keyboard aside..it's generally accessible, tho when I have some serious writing projects, I simply remove the yoke and restore it.btw, which ever way you go, try to add rudder pedals..they make a huge difference.sherm