Sign in to follow this  

how to program the saitek X36 so it could reverse thrus

Guest Marvel

hello I'm using the Saitek X36 USB HOTAS my FS2002. I'm thinking it would be cool if I can use my throttle quadrant to control the reverser instead of hitting F2 everytime when landed, for example seting a position for idle and so you could pull the lever further down to reverse thrust. Can anyone show me how to do this?

Guest gasebah

Take a look at the axis processing and calibrating inside FSUIPC. It is pretty self explanatory.Alex

This must be difficult to program since the throttle is continous. What I did was to program the "Trigger" button on the joystick as the engine reverser. This can be done within FS2002.Take care,Jorge

Guest gasebah

Now is that so? My old Saitek combination that I used t have foe USAF had a detent. So I thought the expensive combination would have that too.In this case your sugesstion is far netter.Alex

Alex,I have the X36 combo (throttle & stick) and can tell you that the throttle doesn't have a detent. Don't know about the X45.Saludos,Jorge

>I have the X36 combo (throttle & stick) and can tell you that the throttle doesn't have a detent

My X45 has two detens, as well. I'll try playing around with FSUIPC. Analog reverse thrust could be fun.

Guest gasebah

Hi guys,I was just digging in some old cartons cuz I couldn't believe it and guess what. Mine has two detents also.Have fun flying backwards :-).Alex

Guest Marvel

hello guys it's me again finally I did it!!!! now my X36 USB throttle axis could act as a reverse thrust with the help of FSUPC program. I find that I could stop my plane more efficiently this way than hitting F2 cause it always tries to bounce back to idle. tnx for your advice. Now every landing is such a joy cause it's more realistic.

Hello.This topic interest me because I have a saitek X45 and I want to make some things on it but first what do you call a detent ??Kristof

I can't find the reverse thrust function in the key commands list, so I can't assign a joystick or a key combination to this function. Can anyone tell me where reverse thrust function is located in the key commands list? Many thanks

When the throttle is in idle you continously press F2 - that deploys the reverse. Gotta try configuring my X45 (that I use with CH Yoke and Pro Pedals) so the throttle axis can work as reverse too - sounds VERY nice indeed! :)/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

You are right, I forgot about it (was at work when typing this, so couldn't verify). Altough it's there, it's very sensitive. But it sure is a possibility to program as a reverse thrust. Will give it a try.Thanks for correcting me.Saludos,Jorge

Guest Marvel

To those who does not know how to assign revirse thrust function to their throttle axis, this is how to do it.- One thing to keep in mind is that you can not config reviese function to the throttle from the menu within FS2002. You need a special program called FSUIPC- You could download the latest version of FSUIPC at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html This program is frequently updated. Any user of MS flight sim would find this program very useful. - Install FSUIPC by unziping fsuipc.dll to .../FS2002/modules/ folder.Make a doubble check, it is easy to mismatch with another folder called "models".- Now load up any flight of your choice, you will find a new menu on the menu bar called "modules"- Click on it and select FSUIPC- Click on the joystick tab and put a tick on the "map to 4 throttles" then click to go to page 3 of the joystick tab- now it's time to callibrate your throttle. Place your joystick throttle control into the 3 position namly revirse, idle, and max each time press "set" the FSUIPC will remember the position which you set. Click OK then you're ready to goooooooooooooo.happy landing