Sign in to follow this  

My system:Windows XP Pro3.07 gigahertz Intel Core2 Extreme Q68504096 kilobyte secondary memory cacheABIT IP35 PROATI Radeon HD 2900 XTDELL 2707WFP [Monitor] 27" running 1920x1200Westinghouse 37" 1920x1080I am thinking about replacing my Dell 27" with a Westinghouse 47"How much of a FPS rate would I lose? What if I keep the Dell and add the 47" as a third monitor?Would appreciate any insight or suggestions.Thanks.Abe

Guest jimcooper1

I am thinking about replacing my Dell 27" with a Westinghouse 47"How much of a FPS rate would I lose? No hit at all the DELL has a higher resolution than the Westinghouse (the 47" is only 1920x1080), you might even get a gain.What if I keep the Dell and add the 47" as a third monitor?Would appreciate any insight or suggestions.Don't know anything about the ATI 2900 XT... so can't comment. What would be your second card? (to get the 3rd output)RegardsJim

Thanks Jim.I had the same thought about the replacement of the Dell but wasn't sure.As far as the third monitor. In the past, I used a very old PCI card. However, I realize that now it is completely different. My options would be to get a 2nd ATI 2900 or get a pair of a different card altogether. On the other hand, with so much REAL ESTATE, 47" and 37", I can manage to display quite a few things without running out of space. I'll just take it a step at a time.One more thing, the 47" monitor(TV) does not have a DVI connection. I have to use a DVI-HDMI adapter......Any drawbacks?Thanks.Abe

Guest D17S

I've been using a DVI > HDMI adapter in to a 1080P 42"er with any problem at all. It's my main FS monitor and it just worked.

Thanks Sam. That's very comforting to know.Abe