Good Evening Gentlemen,I'm a bit in a tight spot at the moment and I can't find the way out it seems.My system is newly build and has the following specs:- PSU: Zalman ZM850-HP- MB: Gigabyte EX-38T-DQ6- CPU: Intel E8500 (OCed to 3.80 Mhz)- MEM: Corsair PC3-14400 1800Mhz cas 7 (2 Gb)- MSI N9800 GTX 512 Mb(driver used: 175.16 and 175.60, Nhancer (latest version)- Creative SB X-fi- Vista32 Business.I installed only the OS (and its updates) and Flightsim X (with SP1 and accelaration).The result is, with a slight sense for drama, terrible.I have used all possible tricks up my sleeve to get same decent framerates out of this setup but so far without succes.I have browsed through the forum here, found some tips and tricks but none seem to help.My main problem is not that I can't get decent framerates. In fact, I locked the sim at 22 frames and quite often, I get those 22 frames but not consistent. I get frames between 22 and 7 as if my pc is doing something in between that interferes with fs X.I have used alacrityPC to close down as many processes as possible but to no avail.I can use some help here...Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Obviously you can't expect very high framerates over (eg) London in a rain storm in a PMDG 747.However, whatever the situation, you should be capable of getting pretty good performance from that configuration.You say you've tried the tips on this forum so I hesitate to make suggestions, but perhaps just a quick checklist of basic points might help:0. don't bother with DX10 preview because it makes the runways flash;1. set target framerate to "unlocked" (slider all the way to the right); 2. turn water effects to High 1x (don't use any of the 2x settings);3. turn off light bloom;4. set all the traffic sliders way down low: off, if I were you;5. set autogen modestly: again, off, if I were you;6. turn off ground scenery shadows;7. set texture resolution to 1m;8. scenery complexity: very high but not "extremely" so;9. all the rest - sliders to the right;10. anisotropic filtering: trilinear;11. antialiasing: OFF. Control antialiasing to taste using the Nvidia control panel.Then play around in different situations and weather conditions and see if you feel any happier. If not, then either your expectations are too high or something's not right with your kit.Tim

Get Kevin's MemStatus and run it to see if anything is eating RAM while you fly.http://nuclearplayground.com/NuclearPlayground/Other than that with a system like yours you still won't be able to fly large cities expecting too much more than 20-30fps, depending on addons etcHow are other games running?edit: I disagree with Tim on a lot of those settings - you have a very capable PC.I'd run scenery sliders on high: Global texture res very high, mesh 38m, texture 1m, radius large, scenery complexity vrey dense water 2x medium, autogen dense, traffic 50-75%, TURN OFF self shadowing and light bloom thoughGet nHancer, use a FSX profile, and set AA to 8x and AF to 16xreference this post, you have a great video card, so pump up the AA and AF!http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=38921&st=0

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You did defrag your hard drive (s) didnt you? If not your HD is a total mess after installing FSX. I use O&O defrag, there are several posts explaining how to do it.

Jim Wenham

Everybody,thanks for pointing me in the right direction.Although the solution to my problem was not to be found in the settings inside Fs X but in the BIOS of my new pc.It seems that one of the settings (S.M.A.R.T) for my HD was causing the major problem.So now I can start to play around with the settings inside FS to get the most of the sim.Thanks againLuc BrusselmansBelgium