Well guys, Im in quite a pickle at the moment...On friday I bought http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1204332501169 but woulnd't of minded http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1204331806567 I did find one today, but they also have a velocity micro system for 850 that is discontinued. 2gig ram, E6550, 8600gt (would be replace by 2 8800gt's at the store). The asus board is compatible with the 45nm's, so the upgrade potential is still good for me. Should I switch to a desktop?

FWIW, I agree with Sam. Go with the desktop, and there is no need for a second 8800GTX in FS9.

I fourth what was said. Go desktop. Go with one 8800GT and save some money that way.A centrino notebook will disappoint you in FSX.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well I'm still sleeping on it. I still have 8 days. I need a lappy since I'm going to college in a few months and it's convenient to take with me to my girlfriends house when she is watching desperate housewives or any other waste of broadcast show. If I keep my lappy, I'll be dropping in the T9300 or a X9000. So when I get that done, Ill have a T9300(2.5) or a X9000 (2.8 or 3.0?)4GB DDR2 667320gb hard drive (2x200gb 7200rpm in raid0 eventually)and a oc'd 8800m GTSI can run locked at 50 with every single slider max except sight dist (I prefer something around 80) and traffic ( I fly online anyways.) Never thought I'd see that day. :-jumpy

Guest ugotkevin

Well you would know best whether or not to have a laptop. I just graduated this past december in technology management and being a business student we were required to have laptops (saved a ton of $$ having online books too). When I was studying information systems we didn't need laptops because we had lab computers so I just had a desktop. Some majors need them and some don't. At my school only a handful of majors needed them, but have since made it mandatory that all students have them.If you can, I echo what has previously been said and go for the desktop. The laptop looks like a good gaming computer, but doesn't really have that great of a processor for fsx. For fs9 it will do great. If you do go for the desktop you can always grab a $450 laptop special if the time comes that you need one for school (unless your a communications or advertising major, in which case they will probably make you get a mac). And if you do a bunch of traveling like some college students do, it's fun to take a laptop with you to watch movies or play games and stuff. One time I was traveling with my brother and we played starcraft and need for speed on the way to my wife's parents house, good times.Laptops are cool, but they just don't cut it for fsx, especially a centrino.

I have been thinking hard about doing 2x200GB 7200rpm drives in raid0 and upgrading to a T83/9300 or maybe one of the Extreme C2D's. If I go with a X7800 clocked at 2.8 or so, that should count as a fairly good boost, wont it?