>>DDR3 2000 would be nice but I doubt I

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It's all relative of course...270 would be quite the step up from what my financial adviser allowed at the time heheI was impressed going from my AMD3700 to the 6000 though, I can definitely enjoy FSX in the rural areas now with all my fancy GA planes, and that's mainly where I fly.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Nick_N

>I was eyeing this for the next build but the price is ridiculous ->http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145190No no no no no no no no ... thats a game newegg plays and they do it well... confusing, isnt it. You think those are the bestthese are the newer sticks, samsung chips and cheaper and will do 1T with the right mobohttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145188with fanhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145206Expect the good DDR3 2000 product around July 1st

These look good, and have been verified as happy on P5E3-Premium, plus they are individually tested to exceed their stated timings, which are decent in themselves for 2 x 2GB kits. Their cooling solution looks excellent, plus they are designed to fit as 4 x 2gb if you wish to go there. I have a kit OTW.Mushkin Ascent XP3-12800996625 (2x2GB)Frequency: 1600MHz Latency: 7-7-6-18 Parity: Unbuffered Voltage: 1.85-1.9V996625 (Dual Pack) List Price: $471.74 Web Price: $410.21 QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|4GB Muskin Ascent XP3-12800|ASUS P5E3-Premium WiFi|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|XP-SP2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest djt01

>No no no no no no no no ... thats a game newegg plays and they>do it well... confusing, isnt it. You think those are the>best>>>>>these are the newer sticks, samsung chips and cheaper and will>do 1T with the right mobo>>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145188>>with fan>>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145206>>>>>Expect the good DDR3 2000 product around July 1stNick,Thanks for the link. I

Guest Nick_N

Opppsss... Late post2nd link with fan was 2x2gb

Guest Nick_N

Ahhhh Love that system... Mine is the silver model. The only thing they could have done better would have been to add an optional fan port and cover on the side down by the VC slots on the door and get rid of the perf metal grillsI replaced all their fans with fluid dynamic bearing low db units.. the Tj09 was a royal pain to replace the front fan and that could have been made better.. I did pull the perf metal grate out of the front/center fan port which also helps quite a bit.. wrote them about that.. perf metal is no good for airflow. Unfortunately you cant do that on the top fan ports or you lose the look.I also blocked the top-rear fan hole and added a 120mm intake just over the memory slots.Love the removable tray.. saves a lot of time

You could do like one of my buddies does...he goes and gambles on pull tabs, wins $250 (lucky), doesn't tell his "financial advisor" about it. :-saeRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

I'm to the point where I don't buy anything without a removable tray, unless I'm building for someone else and they just insist on a certain case.I didn't know you were into case modding. I have not done anything to the case yet. I'll see how difficult it is to remove that grill on the inside fan. If it's not too much trouble I might do it.Playing with voltages, clock, etc. I am little perturbed by some of the Tj temps I'm seeing with this case and cooler. Maybe I am just spoiled by my 3700+, which even clocked out was one cool-running sucker.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest Nick_N

The perf is a royal pain in the a$$ to get out of the lower/center fan port.. but worth pulling it for sure~!If you are going to go through the pain of pulling that... plan on replacing the fan at the same time.. get someting that will run higher than 1200RPM (I think that is what their fans do)... get some flow going by replacing that fan at the same time. You can use the one you pull for the hard drives since they dont need a huge flow, just air across them. I have 4 drives in the rack and moved the fan I pulled from the front/center to the hard drive fan port up front in the cage.Make sure the rear fan is expelling and not intake.. mine came as an intake on the back and I flipped it aroundYou need to get a top fan in the front/top port. They gave you 2 ports on top and you would expect these to be 'blow-hole' ports but the top-front one is better used as an intake for the CPU/memoryI used black cardboard to block the top-rear port from the inside because the rear fan would simply be drawing air without it traveling across the components. If anything you would want that as an intake, not exhaust. I went through all the different layouts and flow directions. The best I found was what I posted however I am using very low RPM fans too..(1600RPM, deep pitch) I hate noise and when idle, its nearly silent... about 30-32db when fully loadedI like the tower.. it just needed a little rethinking about the airflow engineering.