Sign in to follow this  
Guest hectoir

9800gtx

Guest hectoir

hello everybody!yesterday i decided to change my old ''gigabyte geforce 7900gt'' graphics card.i bought and install a new ''gainward bliss 9800gtx'' but the graphics of fsx are still low.isn't strange?please help!

FSX performance is limited by the CPU not the graphics card, in contrast to conventional games like Crysis. See Toms Hardware charts for a comparison of FSX performance with different video cards.http://www.tomshardware.comCheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest jimcooper1

>hello everybody!>>yesterday i decided to change my old ''gigabyte geforce>7900gt'' graphics card.>i bought and install a new ''gainward bliss 9800gtx'' but the>graphics of fsx are still low.>isn't strange?>>please help!I'm not surprised. As the previous poster has stated your graphics performance is going to be limited by what your CPU can throw at the graphics card. I changed an 8800GTX running 4 monitors really well(3 through a TH2Go) for a 9800GTX and I got worse FPS, blurries and stutters. The 8800 went straight back in. FS requires bandwidth above 3D processing power (it still needs decent 3D). All flying is smooth and gradual (usually) and requires a great deal of visual depth.. it's not like a 'shoot-em-up' where you're making sudden changes of direction and 3D processing power requirement is huge.The 7900GT is a good card with a decent bandwitdth, it's probably well matched to your CPU. What are your system specs?regardsJim

>hello everybody!>>yesterday i decided to change my old ''gigabyte geforce>7900gt'' graphics card.>i bought and install a new ''gainward bliss 9800gtx'' but the>graphics of fsx are still low.>isn't strange?>>please help!I went from a 7950 GX2 to a 9800 GTX OCXE and it made a difference for sure. No blurries either. I think the drivers make the biggest difference. I average around 47 fps on the ground at KPHL depending upon the aircraft I am using.

Prior to installing your new card did you uninstall the drivers for your old card?Then grab the latest drivers, or ones you prefer, download nHancer, and set up an FSX profile and crank the AA and AFhttp://www.nhancer.com/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I use a 9800gtx2 with nvidia drivers 175.16, nHancer, FSX.cfg with these lines:[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=90UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=True[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=6.00000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2500[bUFFERPOOLS]PoolSize=12000000My CPU is Core2Duo E6600, Vista32 and 4Go RAM.http://www.valabre.com/imgs/2008-6-6_22-40-23-169.jpghttp://www.valabre.com/imgs/2008-6-6_22-39-12-577.jpghttp://www.valabre.com/imgs/2008-6-7_22-44-5-603.jpghttp://www.valabre.com/imgs/pas_glop-2.jpg

Guest ugotkevin

eriktu, what scenery is that last picture? It looks like it was taken from Google Earth.

.. you're not set up right: ryanbatcund has the correct answer:-

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest djt01

>download nHancer, and Actually nHancer isn

Guest ugotkevin

wow, that's amazing!! Is that the france scenery too? Now what do you mean by "properly installed?"

Well I can't get FSX in game AA working as well as nHancer does....Just varies from system to system

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest hectoir

i use an athlon 64x2 3800 2ghz and 3gb ddr2 ram

Guest hectoir

yes!that was the first thing i did.i installed the latest drivers from ganward site.

>FSX performance is limited by the CPU not the graphics card,>in contrast to conventional games like Crysis. >>See Toms Hardware charts for a comparison of FSX performance>with different video cards.>The latest PC Pilot summer issue tells another story in their article over graphics cards. For example they write that they didn't include any 7000 series card in the test since FSX is very GPU dependent abd a 79 card would not be worthwhile. They state that the bottleneck for FSX has shifted towards the graphics card with the release of SP1 for FSX. They conclude that a 7900GTX gives significant hit on framerates and that 9800GTX performed significantly better compared to 8800GTX. Their speedtest also supported these conclusions with significant differences in FPS between 9800GTX 8800GTX 8800GT 7900GTX.