Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

HDMI Monitors

Guest CHRISH

I am thinking of changing my Flat screen which is very poor and fairly old to a new 24" HDMI flat screen monitor. I believe to connect to my 8800 GTX video Card I would use a DVI to HDMI Cable connection?Just wondering if this will be any good?Cmparing my old flat screen which was fairly poor in terms of sharpness and quality compared to my even older CRT screen where the quality was superb, just wondering if the HDMI will be better than my current Flat Screen.Also which is better 2ms or 5ms?I will be using the new monitor for viewing DVD's as well as flying FSX / FS9.Best Wsihes and many thaks,Chris

2ms is better.My brother did this with his 32 inch HDTV, DVI to HDMI. The native res it was running is 768p but it did look really good. I know his TV was only 768dpi but the quality was way better and looked like 1080dpi.Maybe someone else can pipe up what's up with that? I know his TV can up convert to 1080p even though it is only native 768p. Hoping someone here can explain.It can be done....

Cannot explain anything other than I've been using a 37" and a 27" running at 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 respectively with DVI connections. Soon to add or replace with a 47" with HDMI connection using a DVI-HDMI adapter.

Guest sunbear

Sounds like a great setup. What video card are you using?Regards,jack

I am using a single ATI radeon HD 2900XT....Jack, when it comes to monitors.....go BIG.....the display is just FANTASTIC!!!Abe

Guest JIMJAM

Ive been using a 32 inch "as big as you need" Sharp Aquos-lc-32gp1u.Its native res is 1920x1080.With a button press, I can go from the tv to the PC or PS3.I run fsx/xp/8800gt 512.Just make sure your computer/card can handle to high res because anything less than native usually looks REALLY bad.Best $$$$ I have ever spent on ANY hardware.I came from a 24 inch LCD.The first few flights I almost got air sickness.Ive been playing Half Life 2 and a new driving sim.To be honest, I cannot see any difference betreen 1080 and 720 and only have 2 ps3 games that support it.Do not cut corners if you want to go bigger.This TV has alot of connections I will never use or even know what they do, but its good to have them.Speed is also VERY important but 3-5 I do not know if you couild even tell.Again, I buy as much performance as I can.Vid cards you upgrade every 6 months to a year but the display you will have for along time. Choose wisely.BTW-Got mine from BestBuy. Being able to try it and HAVING 30 DAYS to take it back is worth the extra $$$.I originally got the 37 but it was too BIG. Even the 32 you need to sit back 3-4 feet.

Guest djt01

>Cmparing my old flat screen which was fairly poor in terms of>sharpness and quality compared to my even older CRT screen>where the quality was superb, just wondering if the HDMI will>be better than my current Flat Screen.>Gee Chris are you sure of that? I was just told over at Flightsim.com that a cheap 19

"Gee Chris are you sure of that? I was just told over at Flightsim.com that a cheap 19

Guest Redvan

oh sweet... i'll have to hook my new desktop (when i get it) up to my 42" Panasonic 1080p Plasma...

Guest djt01

>This is really funny........specially if somebody really>believes it.Oh there are plenty over there that will believe this sh&t, that

Are they serious? A CRT looks better than an LCD?HUH?Puff, Puff, Pass......

Guest djt01

>A CRT looks better than an LCD?>What CRT? What LCD?

>>A CRT looks better than an LCD?>>>>What CRT? What LCD?Let me put it this way, I have yet to see a CRT that could match my 204B in image quality.

Guest djt01

>Let me put it this way, I have yet to see a CRT that could>match my 204B in image quality.You

Guest JIMJAM

My last crt was a 24 inch Sony flatscreen and at the time cost a fortune.The picture was incredible and it was FAST.I wanted BIGGER but you then jumped into the 2-3 thousand $ range.It kicked any lcd at the time and they were expensive and slow.Fastforward a few years.Now its a fossil. Need a crane to lift it and it takes up as much room as a fridge. Although its still fast and looks good, it just does not have the overall wow effect. Its a darker,shallow look compared to the brighter LCDs.I gave it away a few months ago and nearly killed me lifting it.Like vhs, they had their time.