Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

FS2002 Start up problem...

Guest Neil

Hey guys, I can't seem to get fs2002 to load, it goes to the main screen, loads all of the stuff (scenery database, indexes, etc...) as I just installed a new AFCAD, and then freezes! Anyone got any ideas? I appreciate the help!Ciao :-wave

not sure if this will help, but whenever i have problems at startup i will move my FS2002.cfg file thats located in the root of FS2002 to another directoy and try to start FS without it. FS will automatically create a new one. i've found a couple of occasions that mine had somehow become corrupt.you'll have to reset all your startup settings tho.chris

Did it work prior to you updating the AFCAD file. If so, search your fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder for the updated *.bgl. You can find out which file by opening the afcad *.txt file you used. It provides the file name in the header information. Next, rename the *.bgl file to *.UPDATED. Rename the *.ORIGINAL to *.bgl. Restart fs2002 and check to see if it freezes. If it does, then it probably is not the updated AFCAD file, so you can rename the files back to their names, i.e., ORIGINAL and bgl.

Hi Ciao,Have you by any chance been using FS Sky World?What follows may be quite wrong as I am drawing from distant memory...doh! But here goes:If you load one of the supplied Situations, firstly form within FS Sky World (to load the appropriate cloud sets) and then fly the same Situation in FS2002 and, at the end of a session, exit FS2002 while still outside the cockpit it can lead to problems.I found the solution was simply to look for the following section in FS2002.cfg (These are my current entries - yours will be different) {USERINTERFACE} <------ N.B. these should be square bracketsMAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=3OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002FLIGHTSmyfltsMIKE_MEIGS_DEFAULT_1LessonsLevel=0LessonsTitle=0SelectFlightLevel=0SelectFlightTitle=121Look for the line that starts 'SITUATION=' and delete everything after the equals '=' sign. Save FS2002.cfg and try restarting FS2002.cfg. It should restore the default Meigs Flight Situation.It might be worth trying this anyway whether my memory serves me correctly or not. No harm will come of it.This way you won't disturb your other configuration settings in the FS2002.cfg file - ALWAYS ensure you have made a copy of this file before making any changes.Mike :-wave