Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfi99

Laptop for FSX

Guest rfi99

Hi! I am about to buy a laptop to replace my stationary computer. But it will be in the lower region of laptops. So what is your recommendations for a laptop that is able to run FSX? I am want to have dynamic scenery, AI and perhaps a few addons. What about graphics? Is the nvidia 8-series good? Is a 8400 och 8600 GS good enough?What about CPU? A dual-core is mandatory, but as an Intel on 1.8 Ghz or an Amd turion 1.8 Ghz good enough?And finally, XP or Vista?? What is recommended? Please tell me what you have and what kindo of performance do get?Thanks

Best combo IMO is 8600, dual core intel (fastest your bux can buy) and XP.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest djt01

>Best combo IMO is 8600, dual core intel (fastest your bux can>buy) and XP.>The Go 8600 is actually weaker than the old Go 7950 GTX.The most powerful laptop specs you can get right now are with a GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB video card and the Intel Core 2 X9000 which has an unlocked multiplier.The 8800M GTX performs much like an 8800 GT desktop part. Here are a couple of links to reviews with similarly equipped laptops. http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=3262http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=3242

Guest jimcooper1

>Hi! >>I am about to buy a laptop to replace my stationary computer.>But it will be in the lower region of laptops. >>So what is your recommendations for a laptop that is able to>run FSX? >I am want to have dynamic scenery, AI and perhaps a few>addons. >>What about graphics? Is the nvidia 8-series good? Is a 8400>och 8600 GS good enough?>>What about CPU? A dual-core is mandatory, but as an Intel on>1.8 Ghz or an Amd turion 1.8 Ghz good enough?>>And finally, XP or Vista?? What is recommended? >>Please tell me what you have and what kindo of performance do>get?>>ThanksMy laptop has a T9300 CPU at 2.5GHz, An 8700GT graphics card and runs on XP with 2GB of 667MHz memory.FSX can only run acceptably with sliders no higher than Medium or a combination of one or 2 on High but others pushed down to Low.As I use the laptop purely to test stuff I have created, I'm only really interested in the aircraft and instruments. If I turn the Autogen off, turn off traffic and have weather on low but keep the aircraft settings High, I can get FPS over 100! Generally with Aircraft on High and everything else on Med/Low I can get smooth flying.I suspect a 1.8GHz CPU will struggle to cope with anything other than Low settings.regardsJim

Guest djt01

>FSX can only run acceptably with sliders no higher than Medium>or a combination of one or 2 on High but others pushed down to>Low.That pretty much sums up the performance that I