Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

New WHQL Driver Out for all NVIDIA GPU's

Well....finally taking a real flight with real weather, ASX, FEX, UT, XGraphics, et al, and, with nhancer @ fairly high/quality settings, an am almost sticking solidly between 28-38, locked at 38, and the best graphics I've ever had in FSX.These seem like a winner to me.

Ive been playing around with the driver settings in the control panel (not nhancer) and found that if I change the prerender to 8 it adds a bit extra smoothness especially where you might experience lower frames. The default is 3. In rural areas if I lock the frames and have the prerender at 8 I get absolutely no blurries anywhere and the distant textures seem clearer. Try it out and see if it helps. This is also a Your Milage May Vary setting.

Jim Wenham

Guest UlfB

jwenham,I did a testflight over both rural and urban areas with prerender set to 8, but I couldn't notice any improvement.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

>Well....finally taking a real flight with real weather, ASX,>FEX, UT, XGraphics, et al, and, with nhancer @ fairly>high/quality settings, an am almost sticking solidly between>28-38, locked at 38, and the best graphics I've ever had in>FSX.>>These seem like a winner to me.Hi,could you please post your FSX setup and which are the tweaks using in the fsx.cfg file?Tanks

And I'm guessing with a high level of confidence that your OS is Vista.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No real 'tweaks' other than display.Running XP BTW, FSX SP2. Intel Core Duo 6700 w/8800 GT card.I did dip into the low to mid-20's along the way....flying the Dreamfleet Dakota from Key West to Melbourne FL. But in general the fluidity was pretty solid none the less. Transitioning through ASX weather areas takes the biggest hit, but seems to 'rebound' after new weather is established. That is quite normal IMO. The new FEX HD clouds also seem to take less of a hit than the older.All in all though, the graphic quality seems far better to me.I'll now switch off my FR display, and simply enjoy the ride. ;)

Guest cloudflyer

Can this driver be used with XP?

Guest firehawk44

"Can this driver be used with XP?"Yes. You just need to download the XP version.Jim

Have any of you Ultimate traffic users noticed that you can crank up your AI alot more and still get good performance with using these drivers? These are probably the best drivers yet! No more Nhancer, lots more AI and traffic, great looking textures. I'm very happy with these. My card is a 8600 GT Super Super Clocked edition, EVGA.

Jim Wenham

Guest paulotin09

Tried to install these (175.19) yesterday, and was pretty happy for a minute or two, the fluidity did seem to be a tad more solid, until I tried to switch between window modes, open the nvidia control panel or check out a setting within nhancer when the computer froze, flashed a couple of times and finally gave me the BOD. Had to revert back to 175.12. Pitty, because it seemed like a good driver. I'm running a 8800gts 320mb - fsx acceleration on a vista 32.Paulotin

Guest cloudflyer

I looked but didn't see this version for XP.

I tried this driver and although the graphics were much crisper, my framerates went way down. Running XP, SP, SP2. 8600GT. The 174.74 drivers work much better for me.

I can't get FS9 to use my SLI AA settings with these. I'm heading back to the old one I had. Peformance is better though.

Guest firehawk44

"until I tried to switch between window modes, open the nvidia control panel or check out a setting within nhancer when the computer froze, flashed a couple of times and finally gave me the BOD.Had to revert back to 175.12. Pitty, because it seemed like a good driver." And that doesn't happen with the 175.12? This happens to be all of the time (or at least I get the Display Driver has stopped responding... error) whenever I tab out of FSX and try to go back again. In my case it's bad memory management on the part of Vista32 and the /3GB switch. Jim