Sign in to follow this  
Guest SpeedBird192

FSX and nVidia GTX280 anyone yet?

Just seems wrong to say FSX is barely playable on the 4870 and the GTX280 lagged behind it????I don't know about the 4870 but the GTX280 handles FSX just fine with logical settings made.

Guest djt01

>Just seems wrong to say FSX is barely playable on the 4870>and the GTX280 lagged behind it????>>I don't know about the 4870 but the GTX280 handles FSX just>fine with logical settings made. As I mentioned before did you notice what drivers Tom

Guest djt01

>Tom was getting over 80fps at 1900x1200 here, now its>unplayable???>>Must have spilled his drink in the PC :)LOL, looks like another informative review from Tom

Guest D17S

Trade down that 16AA to 8AA for 7cm /Texture Resolution. Now, gime another click of AG. Shadows off and traffic at ~15%. Run 'er again. Good start, but it's still a bit fuzzy.How the important Q. Did it help the PMDG airplane?

Guest djt01

>Trade down that 16AA to 8AA for 7cm /Texture Resolution. Now,>gime another click of AG. Shadows off and traffic at ~15%. Run>'er again. Good start, but it's still a bit fuzzy.>>How the important Q. Did it help the PMDG airplane? I

Guest ftrusky

Nice screenies djt01. Any flashing building textures with the 280 as you fly?

Guest djt01

>Nice screenies djt01. Any flashing building textures with the>280 as you fly?Yes, just like with what I experienced with the 8800 Ultra and the ATI 3870, you still will see some flashing textures on some buildings at the airports. It is a little strange that this problem occurs with both ATI and Nvidia drivers and only on airport related textures.

Guest D17S

Anyone notice these issues with a 200? 1) Sleep mode deactivates. The Sleep option completely disappears from Vista's CP power menu. 2) Will not recognize 2nd non-SLI'd Vcard. 2nd monitor from primary card is fine, but 3rd (and 4th) from secondary Vcard are now dark3) FS blue screens when changing from Full screen to windowed mode. FSX will only run in full screen.This thing Does rip through 3DMarkVantage, though. Jane's a real hottie. I think those programmers probably spent man-years getting her to jiggle just right (now that I can finally catch the action at 30FPS). Still trying to decide if loosing windows, sleep and monitors is worth it. Tough call.

Don't have any sleep issues here use it all the time, still seen in control panel.Never tried 2nd video card with it.No blue screens, FSX runs fine in both windowed and full screen mode. Vista 32 using 1.77.41

Guest D17S

1) Got the window'd mode to work, kinda (@ 1920x 1080 w/ Vista64). With a fresh-built FSX.cfg, the sim starts full screen. Selecting window mode presents a part-sized window in the center 1/4 of the (42") monitor. All's well. However, grabbing a corner and dragging to resize the window blue-screens the system. However, if the upper right full-size-window button is selected, the sim continue to run (kinda). If the system blue screens, the FSX.cfg file remembers the crash setting. Selecting window'd again will restore this setting and (again) bluescreen the system. After a bluescreen, the .cfg file must be deleted and allowed to rebuild. However window'd vs full screen is taking a huge FPS hit (-75%). With the 8/9 series, it made virtually no difference. Geeze Louise.2) It's not SLI. I'm using two cards to drive 4 monitors. The secondary Vcard is Not recognized by the GTX200 driver.3) There's a windows utility called "powercfg.exe -a" (run from a cmd window). It's telling me the VGAPNP.sys display driver does not support sleep state. I assume it's part of the new driver package. Never had any of these situations with the 8 or 9 series drivers/cards. All of this 'installed" with the GTX260. Bummer.

Sam - If I make sure the FSX window does not touch the taskbar it runs fine, maximized window frame rate does fall off.

Guest D17S

Thanks for the response. Just wondering of anyone else is getting this. Remember, I'm running Vista 64 with 2 monitors on this card: A 42" @ 1920x1080 and a 19" @ 12x10. Also, this driver will not recognize my secondary Vcard at all. 2 out of my 4 displays are now dark . . . And it disabled my sleep function with the message, "Please contact vendor for an updated video driver." Hopefully, this is just a rushed release that was Not ready for prime time. "Maximized window" and "Full screen" will display the game. The blue screen only happens when dragging open a Non-maximized window. This is a 100% repeatable event. Here's the scenario again. With a fresh-built FSX.cfg, the sim starts full screen. Selecting window mode presents a non-maximized window in the center 1/4 of the (42") monitor. However, grabbing a corner and dragging to resize the non-maximized window blue-screens the system. However, if the upper right maximize-window button is selected instead, the sim continue to run at a 75% FSP reduction (vs Full screen).I agree. With the 8800GT, a "Maximized" or a "Non-maximized, non-taskbar touching window" ran the same FPS as "Full Screen." However now, AnY window'd mode (maximized or non-maximized) causes a 75% reduction in FPS with the GTX260.

Guest wretched

I got the Gainward GTX280 and it makes FSX sing, the sim looks wonderful and im getting very good framerates. But.......Tha card runs hot, idles at close to 60c and heats up to 85c under full FSX load. It might be because i had to mod the card to get it to fit on my mobo, its a #### big card and it covered up all 4 of my S-ATA connectors so i had to modify to outer case of the card.#### ASUS, who in the world would want to place the S-ATA connectors on a mobo right behind the PCI-EX port in 2008??? Almost every single vid card that comes out is oversized these days.Im sure im gonna fry the card due to heat but im just going to enjoy it until it does, since i modded it i cant take it back anyways.FSX looks(and runs)fantastic tough:):):)