Sign in to follow this  
WacUK

Vista FSX CH Yoke/Pedals Setup

Hi,I've just got back into the FS scene and was wondering what is the best way to configure my CH yoke and pedals. I use Vista, FSX and have the full version of Pete Dowson's FSUIPC installed.I have found that the yoke has a very big null zone which involves me having to turn the yoke a good 1/4 of the way before FS starts to respond.Does anyone have any instructions on how to sort this?Thanks,

Is it best to use FSUIPC to calibrate or is there a CH Products app that should be used, or maybe a combination of the two?Thanks,

Hi Wacaday,Either one will calibrate it, really. They primarily differ in procedure, the end result is pretty much the same. FSUIPC has you mark the high and low ends of the deadzone. The CH calibration applet sets center and then sets the Null Zone to be symmetric around the center point.I don't think that's your immediate problem, though. The yoke has no deadzone of it's own, something is already setting Null Zone for you, probably FS itself. Find the Null Zone and Sensitivity dialog, I think it's off the Options Menu, and check the yoke. Set the Null Zone sliders fully to the left, then set Sensitivity fully to the right, for all 5 axes. The dialog will only show you 3 axes, there are some scroll bars there that will bring the other into view but sometimes they aren't obvious.That will give you 0 Null Zone and Maximum Sensitivity coming out of FS. You might be able to get acceptable results just using that screen, You can add Null Zone and reduce Sensitivity with the sliders. Otherwise either of the other methods will do the trick.In general, if a program sets the deadzone, there's no way that another program can reduce it. You want minimum Null Zone everywhere except in the program where you're going to set it.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Thanks Bob, I'll give that a go.Your help is appreciated,